Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance – “Chucky vs. The Giant Tortoise” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 19, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well my whole thing is this;

On almost every song off DBMII, I feel nothing from his vocals. Half of those songs lack any passion (IMO) and then supposedly Crummet had to ghost write a lot of the lyrics since Jonny showed up with nothing for the most part. I remember Mess discussing that in some interview. Either way, I'm personally glad as hell that he didn't ruin the band for good.

They also supposedly almost called it quits (this is like their 3rd time of almost breaking up hah) before they found Tillian. Tillian is building them a new generation of fans and while I get people don't like his style- you gotta be stoked he's helping the band stick around.

Mess said before the release of IG, that if the record didn't do better than their past releases then they don't know how much longer they can go. Not because record sales even make an impact as much these days but because they can't go on more successful tours and whatnot.

Anyways, stoked for Mothership!!!!!!

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think this is the most I've liked Tillian. Still some parts of his I'm not into on here but for the most part I like this.

3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Swan Soup and Privelously (whateverthefuck) Poncheezied have some of his most impassioned performances, I think. Feel a lot from those, and other tracks too. I'm real glad Tilian can bring these guys up to where they are now, because they CAN make great songs (Pussy Vultures, The Jiggler) but they just don't, which sucks for me.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. Morkypep

this song is dope !

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Man, Pussy Vultures (despite having the worst title) is so so soooooo good. Glad we can agree on that. I hope you end up liking some tunes off Mothership bud.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The titular lyric in the song made me laugh but then the rest of the song makes me feel so hard. I will do my best to like at least SOMETHING off Mothership for you sir. I already love the title/artwork. Being able to say "Mothership has LANDED" when it comes out? Priceless.

7. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I think this is more enjoyable for a Tilian era song for me. I miss the Kurt era so much, but Tilian made Alex English sound even better to me, so I know it's possible for me to enjoy Tilian's vocals in DGD, but I just don't like what they've done as a band quite as much since he jumped on board.

8. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Same thing happened with me and Thug City. Used to skip it when it came on off DBMII, but hearing Tilian's voice on it suddenly made it make sense to me and now I love both versions.

9. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I could tolerate Tilian's work on the Jonny songs, it was actually cool to hear those. But man, he butchered every Kurt era song. Kurt had real passion, and robotic lifeless Tilian doesn't bring that quality