Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dan Layus (of Augustana) - Dangerous Things (Oct. 21, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

[​IMG]

Tracklist:

1. “Dangerous Things” (ft. the Secret Sisters)
    2. “Driveway” (ft. the Secret Sisters)
    3. “Four Rings” (ft. the Secret Sisters)
    4. “You Can Have Mine” (ft. the Secret Sisters)
    5. “Only Gets Darker” (ft. the Secret Sisters)
    6. “Call Me When You Get There”
    7. “Let Me Lose You”
    8. “Fell in Love on a Beach”
    9. “Destroyer”
    10. “Enough for You”
    11. “The Nightbird” (ft. the Secret Sisters)

"Dangerous Things": Listen to Augustana Frontman Dan Layus’s New Song ‘Dangerous Things’ (Exclusive)

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I like the first single. I miss Augustana though.

ghostedaway likes this.
  3. jordanjohnson09

Regular

seems more of a country slant. maybe that why not "augustana"? idk.

4. Slangster

He changed the band's twitter handle to his name. But his Dangerous Things tour dates are still listed as "Augustana" and are posted on Augustanamusic.com, so I have no idea what's up with the moniker.

5. Looks like he's also reusing the same cover photo and one of the songs from Augustana's Side A EP. Regardless, I'm just excited for new music from this guy. Such a solid songwriter.

Slangster likes this.
  6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Augustana moniker is officially retired, according to the press release.

7. jordanjohnson09

Regular

sad day.

8. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Song is okay. Listened twice this morning, and already barely remember much about it. I will still be checking the album out, though.

9. airik625

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Not crazy about the album cover, but I will still give this a listen when it comes out!

11. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Excited for this.. though I really liked some of the Augustana songs he played live but left off the last record. Was hoping we'd get studio versions of those soon. They don't really fit with this new style though..

12. airik625

Yeah the artwork is pretty bland. But it's pretty much what I've come to expect from solo singer-songwriter albums now.

13. Agreed, I wonder what happened to those songs. I saw him live before LIL came out and thought that the new songs he was playing were some of the best he'd ever written. I was disappointed that most of them didn't make the album. I think "Alive" is the only one of that batch that made it if I recall correctly. I hope recordings of those tracks surface at some point.

14. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Yeah I know. As soon as I saw the LIL track list I was disappointed cause so many of those didn't make it. Comeback Story, Feels Like Home, Life Goes On, Let's Ride, More Than I Can Ask For, Like A Whisper, Easy Lessons..

There were so many great ones I was excited for. Even one song called "Happily Ever After" that he only played live once ever I think.. it's on YouTube. Freaking love that one. Hope most of these will see the light of day eventually.

15. airik625

love Happily Ever After. How did that not find its way onto the record?

16. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Right? Pretty sure that was the only time that song was ever played. Waste of a great song! Haha

airik625 likes this.
  17. "Easy Lessons" especially. He's been playing that one since at least 2012 and continued playing it even after LIL was released. Surprising that there's never been a proper recording released.

18. jordanjohnson09

Regular

19. Slangster

That's more like it.

20. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Oooo excited for this.

Good for him, dropping the Augustana name. Will be interesting to see if he can make a popular comeback in the singer-songwriter realm. He certainly writes good enough song.

21. airik625

Don't like this one as much as the first single, but still solid.

22. airik625

23. airik625 Oct 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 13, 2016)
    airik625

IMG_0115.JPG

Anyone have/use Shazam?

EDIT: Well that took me all of 2 minutes to download the app, then the song, then quickly delete the app ha.

24. jordanjohnson09

Regular

i guess the original song wasn't acoustic enough? kinda odd to me. still a great song.

25. airik625

Thought the same thing ha.