Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dan Campbell and Ace Enders Team Up for the Dillon Panthers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Dan Campbell of The Wonder Years and Ace Enders have teamed up for a new project called Clear Eyes Fanzine:

Clear Eyes Fanzine – its name is taken from the motivational rallying cry said by Coach Eric Taylor and chanted by the team before every game – is a part-band, part-fanzine hybrid that celebrates the show and Soupy and Ace’s love for it. Season 1, Episodes 1-6 is the first installment, a six-track EP that features three songs by Dan and three by Ace that are about or inspired by the series and its characters and storylines. While the songs will be downloadable and streamable, for the really obsessed there will also be a physical copy of the zine with photos and lyrics and discussions about the songs that can be ordered with either a sweatshirt or a T-shirt.

Pre-orders are now up and you can stream two songs below.

2. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Wow. This couldn’t be more up my alley. So stoked.

spencpants likes this.
  3. Mason

Regular

While I have never watched FNL, anything new from Ace and Dan excites me!

spencpants likes this.
  4. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Man I love these dudes so much. Excited to hear the rest!

5. skaorsk8

I don't know these guys, but man, do I miss Friday Night Lights. Amazing show that did not get enough love. (Except for the weird "Lance kills a guy" storyline, and Julie's bangs. I try not to think about those 2 things.)

jlinitz and carlosonthedrums like this.
  6. schackbr

Regular

this is so cool. so into it.

7. noKings

Regular

Interesting concept. Cool music.

8. schackbr

Regular

listened a few times. really enjoying this

9. Ryhaan

Where are those vinyl pre-orders?! Ace's song is primo.

10. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

If we could erase season 2 from existence, this would just about be a perfect show.

11. I don't think season two dramatically harms the show. It's the worst, but it's still pretty good.

12. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Not to sounds like “that guy” but my band has been releasing music based on nostalgic tv shows for the last 5 years ...Anyway, stoked about this project. Love both these guys.

13. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This could not be more up my alley. Both songs are great and the Ace one makes me a mix of sad, hopeful, and triumphant. Just like FNL did.

14. schackbr

Regular

agreed. people are pretty quick to say something negative before something positive. the rest of the series picks up for it.

objectively, yes season 2 is the worst. it's still better than 75% of television.

15. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

That's just his Todd origins arc.

TheoW593 and chewbacca110 like this.