Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dales – “Young for the Summer”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 15, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. cricketandclover May 15, 2017
    (Last edited: May 15, 2017)
    cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Sounds like "Summer of '69"

3. transrebel59

Regular

Everything this band does can be traced back to another band who did it better.

2008: "Let's try to write a really sugary pop album like The Maine!"

2017: "Let's try to write some alternative rock like The Maine!"

It sucks because I really do like them but it feels like they're always two steps behind the trends they're trying to jump on.

Brent likes this.
  4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Still singing about school 10 years out of high school and rip off song title. C'mon Brian.

5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I sorta disagree. I think his nostalgic songwriting is his best, but he tends to veer into these things that sound like straight rips of old stuff and it comes off as a little desperate.

6. a lack of color

Regular

Totally late here, but is it just me or is he singing about 9/11? "I still remember how they told us we had to get inside, we didn't know the world was changing overnight..." When 9/11 happened I vividly remember being outside for recess and then being quickly round up and sent inside. He also mentions Tuesdays and September...

No shame in singing about being in school then, because he was in school then.