Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Has Good Music Taste

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. likes The Dangerous Summer.

Many consider Junior the poster boy for old-school NASCAR. He’s actually not. He’s far more of a hipster than good old boy. His music taste? There’s Lord Huron, of course, and The Dangerous Summer, a rock band so obscure they broke up in 2014. Then there’s Matthew Good, a Canadian rocker, and Twenty One Pilots, semi-Emo rock band. While he says he’ll listen to any good song, from Taylor Swift to Barry Manilow, one genre is noticeably absent: country music.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Nice taste in music. The Dangerous Summer is great.

3. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Big fan of the scene.

Turkeylegz and falafelmywaffle like this.
  4. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Lord Huron for the win.

JRGComedy and trevorshmevor like this.
  5. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

This is awesome.

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Obviously not:

Just kidding.

7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Wow, dude just got so much more cool

8. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Just noticed the phrase "semi-Emo rock band" and the capitalization of emo cracks me up.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  9. devenstonow

Noobie

I also love the fact that breaking up in 2014 makes a band obscure

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

haha was gonna say this, got a good chuckle out of it.

dale was a long time twitter hold out in the nascar world, but he's crazy active now. about as like-able a guy as there is in the sports world. i'll be pulling hard for him this year.

11. War Paint was such a good record. Not a huge fan of the one after that, but man, I'd love to get a new record out of those dudes.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  12. aniafc

Trusted

Yep i remember him and Soupy tweeting back and forth a while ago, pretty funny stuff

13. Isn't there a band named after him? I wonder he likes them haha.

14. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

Dangerous summer, jimmy eat world, third eye blind on there. So randomly awesome

15. Always appreciate good rep for the Manilow.

16. Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr, but they shortened the name to Jr Jr

17. DooDooBird

Trusted

Remember watching MTV Cribs wayyyy back in the day and noticed how cool Dale Jr was. He wrote a letter and gave a Dave Grohl a signature series Les Paul guitar just as a thank you for making good music. Well, after Dale Earnhardt Sr was killed in the Daytona 500, Grohl played some Foo Fighters shows with the guitar. Really cool shit. Googled more about it and found this:
    Dale Earnhardt Jr. Gave Dave Grohl A Dale Jr. Gibson Les Paul Two Days Before Dale Sr. Death

18. Iamhollywood315

Regular

members are douche nozzles but the music is good. Also speaking of Nascar drivers that like good music. Bubba Wallace is the bees knees.

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. Barcara

Regular

Matthew Good, damn that's awesome.

"Hospital Music" is a pivotal album in my life but holy smokes is it depressing.

If anyone's curious, check out "Load Me Up", "Strange Days" and "Born Losers". Can give more in-depth recommendations too, he's got a bit of a catalogue with a lot of different sounds.

20. RobbTWYH

a little disappointed that you guys used TDS as the headline band he likes. I feel like you shouldn't be giving them publicity after what fuckface has pulled on a pretty large portion of your readers.

21. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

My eye twitched at "Twenty One Pilots, a semi emo rock band"

Dude has an awesome taste in music, though. So cool.

truelovewaits and Jason Tate like this.
  22. JohnnyStacks

Regular

There was an old article where he says he's heard of them but hasn't listened to them. I think he made some joke saying they have a great band name.

23. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

So cool. He just seems like a great guy.

24. I admit I'm surprised as well. I guess this is the kind of talk that could be used (again ?) as a conversation starter on the next podcast (listening to an artist's music versus their personality). Lately I've been listening to Lostprophets for the first time in 4 and a half years, basically since the pedophilia allegations about the singer were revealed. Their music is definitely tainted, there's no doubt about it. I don't blame people for refusing to give them a listen again.

Schooner likes this.
  25. There's no person alive that understands how shitty one member of that band is than me.