Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cymbals Eat Guitars - Pretty Years (September 16, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, May 23, 2016.

1. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

that new song rules. i feel like they played it the last time i saw them? or it just feels really familiar.

2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

excellent song

3. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

I rly like that song but I wish Joe would use a pop filter when recording vocals!!!

also omg headlining tour hell yeah

stillbrazy likes this.
  4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Might have to drive over to Ferndale to catch them this fall

5. Horrorca

Trusted

didn't really like the first single but this new sound is great

conisder me interested in this again

6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

This one sounds like Los Campesinos! to me, which is awesome.

7. Jim

Trusted Supporter

hey this song rules

8. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

That song is real good

9. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

new song is cool

10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Well I officially can't wait for this.

11. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Can't recommend this enough: see them live! Looking forward to getting that beautiful limited edition in September.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Does anyone find it weird that we have 2/10 songs two and a half months out? I wasn't a fan of them when LOSE came out, what was the rollout like?

13. I mean, that's just the downside of announcing a 10-track album like four months out. They have to keep people interested somehow

we'll get another song, maybe even two before release

Justin Roux likes this.
  14. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

It would be awesome to get an early album stream. Not that I'm an expert on the music industry, but I assume long rollouts are due to producing vinyl. It would be so great to have digital streams a month out from the release date become a standard for bands.

suburban myth likes this.
  15. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

Man I don't dig this new song at all... I liked the first one, but this new one just sounds like a mess - I'm still 100% stoked for the new album, though; this band is freaking phenomenal.

16. justanothersnakekvlt

So this new song's chorus reminds me of some of the lyrics in Lenses Alien, with the multiverse death stuff. That album is so fucking lyrically dense and amazing. What's more, the obtuseness fits and doesn't feel superfluous or whatever. Like, yeah, given the drug talk and hazy, wistful tone of the album, it just makes sense that the lyrics are hard to unpack and very impressionistic.

17. Jim

Trusted Supporter

hey i need this album. ok, thats all.

18. Trying to nail down an interview or an AMA-style chat now

19. Jim

Trusted Supporter

yes, do that please.

20. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

My depression suddenly lifted
    All the adrenaline shocked my nervous system
    Swore I'd be present and grateful for every second
    Later the feeling faded
    I couldn't help it

Been loving these lyrics a lot lately. This fall is my last semester of college, so I think this records gonna hit me really hard. Their last record was recommended by my friend who killed himself (its actually one of the last things he said to me and my friends was to check out this record), so I'm really hoping for a strong connection to this one as well.

21. Keagan Ilvonen

Totally forgot I got this album back at the end of May. I guess I should finally give it a listen.

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

the song in the OP is super interesting. Anyone want to point me towards a song or two off LOSE that I should check out?`

23. Whole album is amazing. "Warning" and "Chambers" are the singles if I remember correctly, both excellent, and I'd also recommend "Child Bride" and "XR" for an emotional punch

24. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

jackson, child bride, chambers imo

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

maybe i'll just dive into the whole thing then, both these new songs intrigue me

Aaron Mook likes this.