Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cymbals Eat Guitars - Pretty Years (September 16, 2016) Album • Page 32

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, May 23, 2016.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

reminder this is one of the best ones of last decade

love the empty country record too

2. I love this album so much

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

how many universes
    am i alive or dead in

4. Yeah it's amazing, that song gets stuck in my head all the time. Their tones on this record (and every record) are unparalleled

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  5. Tomar Re

Regular

4th of July always gives me crazy energy every time I hear it. This album is so good and so underrated.

6. Man, Lenses Alien really might be the best record of all-time lol. This band was just insanely good and underrated. Miss them, but also very thankful for Empty Country.

7. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I’m always torn between WTAM and LA for fav Cymbals album, WTAM has this scrappiness and reckless abandon that I absolutely adore and Lenses is one of those albums that just envelopes you in its own world and has some incredible, intricate songcraft. LOSE is close behind and overall probably has a lot of Joe’s best melodic work, but I think it has a couple weaker moments compared to the prior 2. Pretty Years is a weird one for me, I’ve never really fully loved it but i feel like if I spent more time with it now, it would grow on me. they were one of the best to ever do it, for sure.

Aregala likes this.
  8. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I still listen to this band all the time , rip

9. Aaron Mook Nov 29, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 29, 2022)
    LOSE (I know what I just said about LA and it stands lol)
    Lenses Alien
    Pretty Years

I've only listened to WTAM once and it didn't grab me, so it's probably time I give it another go. (I remember thinking some of it sounded like Modest Mouse, which bodes well.) But even this band's "weakest" album would be other band's best. Just insanely consistent and great songwriters.

10. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

def give WTAM another go. imo it’s an album that really reveals itself with further listens.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. Dog Fish

Mutt

This song has one of my favorite melodies ever.

waking season likes this.