Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cymbals Eat Guitars - Pretty Years (September 16, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, May 23, 2016.

1. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Anyone think the limited vinyl will sell out this week? I need to get paid :verysad: that 7" of demos seems so cool, way better than when bands throw a single on a 7" and put it in the bundle, in my opinion.

2. Jim

Trusted Supporter

There's supposed to be fireball emojis in the quotes. I'm a dummy.

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Not that it's a bad thing, but every NJ band I like seems to eventually progress to sounding very Springsteen-like lol.

4. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Those horns

5. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

The first line he sings is grating, but aside from that, really enjoy this, and the artwork and LP packaging is super pretty.

6. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

This is fucking awesome.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  7. $15 for the LP and $23 for the variant plus the 7" is a really great price

8. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Really like this song a lot.

9. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

The vocals are like a Tom Waits/ David Bowie/ Bruce Springsteen lovechild. The chorus comes in and it sounds like Joe

10. the production on this is amazing

growing on me already

11. CoffeeEyes17

You won't believe the things I've seen since the last time we met

12. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Well, somebody has been listening to Tom Waits.

Song is really grating and I can't ever see myself listening to it again, but uhhhh yeah, new album!

13. I'm kind of sad that they're not on Barsuk anymore just because I like Barsuk lol. but hope sinderlyn does great things for them

14. CoffeeEyes17

This is sending me on a CEG kick here we fucking go.

"Gary Condit" though am I right

15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Why is this coming out in four months? Why has it been announced 1/3 of a year before it is set to drop?

angrycandy likes this.
  16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

chorus is cool........not sure about the rest

17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Like everything but the vocals which is how I feel about most of this band's stuff from what I've heard.

18. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Don't know what to think about this song at all - wasn't feeling the first 2/3s of it, really liked the final 1/3. Perhaps that means it'll grow on me.

19. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I hope they come to Florida ahead of this release. Been wanting to see them live again since the moments after their HOB show with Brand New.

20. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

The Hotelier was my most anticipated spring release, blink-182 (but still hoping for Brand New) is my most anticipated Summer release, and this is now definitely my most anticipated fall release. So awesome to have an amazing album for each season lol

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

couldn't stop myself from listening to 30 second clips

i have insanely high expectations for this record, but also really specific ones, and i'm worried that i'm going to be disappointed.

22. What are your specific ones?

23. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I've listened like, 4 times and I still don't know if I like Wish. Musically I think it's awesome but those vocals are quite jarring. However, I enjoy it more now than the first time I heard it, so I'm hoping it will continue to grow on me.

24. Aaron Mook May 31, 2016
    (Last edited: May 31, 2016)
    I just ordered the limited vinyl, so they're definitely still in stock. I would highly recommend other fans of this band doing so as well ;-) haha

Justin Roux likes this.
  25. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Just pulled the trigger on it hahah so excited for this album, but incredibly disappointed at how long it'll take to hear it. I'm probably one of the most annoying impatient fans out there when it comes to music.

Aaron Mook likes this.