Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt Red, 20??) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DarkHotline, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I honestly thought it was gonna come out next fall so Next spring isn’t too far off

2. tvck

Trusted

Been waiting for this game since 2012. I guess a few more months isn't that big of a deal. But I want it now!

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Just preordered this. There’s no way it’s going to be bad at the least

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Eh

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Eh

6. sawhney[rusted]2

7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

8. DarkHotline

Really digging the EP, can’t wait for the whole score

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This whole game reeks now

10. sawhney[rusted]2

Why? I’d love to be convinced

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

CD Projekt Red have proven to be a terrible company who take advantage of their workforce/staff.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

13. DarkHotline

On one hand, I agree the crunch is bullshit on multiple levels. On the other hand, I’ve waited years for this and I’m getting it. Plus, I don’t want their work to go in vain by not playing it.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

Ok yeah that’s absolutely fucked but from what I know of the industry it’s entirely expected. I really wish developers were able to effectively create a union to fight for wage and labor rules, but they’ve been effective at quelling those calls/efforts. Unless I disown the entire industry (outside of small indie games) it’s hard to avoid.

source: I have a friend who works at WB Games

15. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Beyond the bad labor practices, which I agree are unfortunately standard for the industry, the studio has a little bit of a history of transphobia. And some of it has made its way into the marketing for this game as well. This is a good thread that goes over all that:

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

As the thread there states at the top, this isn’t to shame you for buying it. Just something to be aware of so it can be called out.

16. sawhney[rusted]2

Thank you for sharing this. Getting the full picture of the culture and specific issues surrounding CDPR is troubling at the best, and extremely problematic at the worst. Think I’m gonna stay away from the game now.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  17. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I think I’ll probably get it used someday down the line for what it’s worth. Feels like a compromise. I do love Witcher 3 and am super curious to see if this game can live up to it, just don’t want to directly support CDPR.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  18. MattNCheeze

Trusted

my body is ready

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

One week

20. clucky

Trusted Supporter

It sucks that Cyberpunk 2077’s edgelord marketing worked so well

The bit about voice being tied to the gender you select is so incredibly dumb and really hits home just how fucked up some of this company's decision making process is and that the body options really just are there for objectification rather than representation.

21. sawhney[rusted]2

Definitely. The deliberate actions that the team has taken over the past year have been explicitly harmful. It’s so easy to take the empathetic (and easy and correct imo) route, the voice being a clear example, but they actively chose not to, even after being made aware.

clucky likes this.
  22. clucky

Trusted Supporter

yup. its one thing to not include stuff out of laziness. but it legit feels like they've gone out of their way to cater to their cishet, white, "keep politics out of games, by which I mean have the political messaging of your games not challenge my personal world view at all audience" capital G Gamer audience.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Reviews are overall pretty good. Seems like the only bad things are the bugs which will be fixed in a patch.

24. drewinseries

Drew

So far it seems the GameSpot review is the outlier, all are pretty much high 80s, low 90s.

25. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Cyberpunk 2077 is dad rock, not new wave

just so incredibly disappointing though not that surprising