Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cursive Band • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Ken, stars143 and Leftandleaving like this.
  3. Leftandleaving

thats so cool

4. stars143

Trusted

An Interview with Matt Maginn of Cursive — Welcome to Vinyl Writer Music

Interview with Cursive's bassist. On the future of the band:

I think we will start writing again as soon as it is safe and ideally get back on the road as soon as possible too. We are playing the Psycho Festival in Las Vegas, which we are really looking forward to at the moment. It will give us a chance to feel a little normal again and remember we are a band.

We had to cancel a lot of good shows when the pandemic struck, so we are itching to get out there and play. It sounds like a dream right now to actually return to a life that involves writing, rehearsing, and playing live. It’s funny how one year can really change how you feel about your existence and purpose in the world.

beachdude, chewbacca110 and airik625 like this.
  5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Truly one of the most exciting bands because you never know what sound they're going to go for, but it ALWAYS sounds like Cursive.

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Tim is going to be on Chain Reaction on GSN (Game Show Network) next week!

upload_2022-1-6_15-50-0.jpeg

stars143 likes this.
  7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Cursive is the best band ever

Contender, stars143, airik625 and 2 others like this.
  8. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

When Tim is sober.

I adore Cursive, but I've seen some Drunk Tim shows which were very very bad.

9. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Excited to see them tonight!

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

that might explain some of the bad ones I've been to. Thought it was so bizarre the one time I saw them that it felt like a mess.

11. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

Sooo... tim is clairvoyant?

Ken and chewbacca110 like this.
  12. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Tbh performing drunk is not a thing many artists can realllly pull off. I feel like every artist who enjoys drinking regularly has shows where they go too far, because maybe they didn’t eat recently that day and the same number of drinks hits them harder…

or if they are the type to want to get drunk EVERY time they perform, it’s too easy to be chasing a certain “level” of drunk but get too overconfident if it’s hitting you slowly, and order 1-2 “last drinks” when the previous one would’ve been enough if you waited. And shit, some alcoholic artists become so narcissistic and defensive about their habit that they only believe the fanboys / fan girls who exalt them no matter what and shut out any and all criticism.

knowing your limits and drinking before a show every once in awhile is one thing. Maybe it’s a venue where a sloppier, different performance is the vibe and it’s noisy and no one notices too much detail. Maybe a punk or hardcore band can probably get away with drinking often if their music is about intensity and not known for precision with vocals / instruments. But as a person who has performed a lot drunk, tipsy, and sober, I straight up think anyone who says they’re just as good or better drunk needs to watch videos of themselves cause 98% of the time they’re not & it’s obvious they aren’t sober.

(smoking is a different story. I know loads of artists who can take 2 dabs to the face and then get on stage and go perform amazing.)

13. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I saw cursive once when Tim was near incoherent. He kept saying “cinco de Mario” and I had no idea what he was talking about. Then leaving the venue I saw a local bar called Mario’s with a giant sign that said “cinco de Mario” so I’m assuming he got shit faced there before the show.

Ken likes this.
  14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

They were incredible this last winter opening for Thursday. Top of their game.

5Stories and Ken like this.
  15. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Rad idea to update the album art with the same models.

17. MathiasGeleyn

Regular

Bought this instantly with the bonus EP. This is one of my favourite albums!

18. My favorite Cursive record. May need to pull the trigger.

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Very interested to hear these Braces songs. Tim’s band before Cursive - which I can’t believe I’ve never even heard of.

20. Leftandleaving

21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Is there a big difference between the original and remastered edition?

22. Leftandleaving

No

xapplexpiex likes this.