Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cursive Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 7, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17 Mar 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 7, 2016)
    CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Cursive is an American indie rock band from Omaha, Nebraska. Described as emo-tinged post-hardcore, Cursive came to prominence with 2000's Domestica and found commercial and critical success with 2003's The Ugly Organ. The band has released seven studio albums, a compilations album, and a mix of singles and EPs since 1997.

Discuss how incredible Domestica and The Ugly Organ are.

2. CoffeeEyes17

im on mobile hang on

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. CoffeeEyes17

4. CoffeeEyes17

you are a picky somebody ill be damned

5. CoffeeEyes17

in 5 years when people are looking at this thread theyll be like "they had a special friendship" and thatll be cool.

So this band is great huh.

6. Domestica is amazing. Hoping this band still has another record or two in them...from speaking with Matt about Live at O'Leary's, I really believe they do.

I'm also selling my copy of The Ugly Organ on vinyl, if anyone is interested.

7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

spun ugly organ earlier today. probably one of the few music oriented tattoos id seriously consider

8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Great record their best one.

9. bedwettingcosmo

easily, in my eyes

10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

11. bedwettingcosmo

yes....

12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Cool I remember checking out your blog. I'm SimpleSongs on rym. Funny that like AP that site will be changing very soon. For the better I'm sure. AP and rym are my go to sites

13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Since like 2006

14. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

The Ugly Organ is fantastic. When I was like 14 I made a shirt that had the lyrics from Art is Hard on it and got complemented by the dude who worked at my local record store. Made my life

DejaMoi likes this.
  15. CoffeeEyes17

Domestica and The Ugly Organ are flawless albums. Shame they never really did anything else on that same level. I've listened to the other albums Cursives made and theyre pretty good, just not quite the level of those 2 preceding masterpieces.

DejaMoi likes this.
  16. Ugly Organ is incredible. Also thought Happy Hollow was really underrated. A little harder to get into maybe, but I appreciated how strictly it stuck to the overarching concept/story and still managed to be pretty damn catchy.

Drewski likes this.
  17. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

^ Happy Hollow is most definitely underrated.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  18. I actually think Mama, I'm Swollen is underrated, maybe my second favorite after Domestica tbh

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Though I agree it is underrated, it probably falls somewhere around fourth for me. I actually think the bonus tracks and b-sides are better than a lot of what made that album.

Happy Hollow and The Ugly Organ will always be my favorite.

Burst & Bloom is a gem, also.

20. bedwettingcosmo

i feel so left out when it comes to domestica. i enjoy it and i'll sit through it every once and a while but i prefer organ > hollow > mama

DejaMoi likes this.
  21. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Domestica is my favorite, but The Ugly Organ is also phenomenal.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  22. CoffeeEyes17

I can always count on Audrey and Zac

both are incredible pieces of music. I've always felt like The Ugly Organ (and now Domestica) were fundamental blueprints for future scene concept albums with a darker spin on them (Is A Real Boy, Trainwreck, What To Do When You're Dead, etc). Not to sell short the bands other releases, both those 2 are absolute masterpieces of incredible music and emotion.

23. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

I love this band so much. I agree with the consensus that Domestica and The Ugly Organ are their best, but I don't think they have a bad album.

Domestica was that life-changing album for me. I still remember buying it the summer before I started high school, and it's what got me into indie rock.

24. Tom Lee

Regular

Haven't seen anyone mention the last album, but damn, I thought 'I Am Gemini' was sooooo good.

Also, is it worth making a The Good Life thread too or should that stay in here? Black Out is one of my favourite records. I was so stoked to get to open for them in February when they came to the UK- Tim is such a sweetheart. :heart:

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. bedwettingcosmo

black out is my spirit album.