Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cuphead (September 29, 2017) Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Oct 7, 2017.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Respekt

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. Without doing any research at all, I’m gonna guess that maybe it adds to the overall completion percentage? Because I finished every boss on regular mode and have beat all of the “run and gun” levels with all five coins and still only show 97% completion

yung_ting likes this.
  3. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Okay this game is infuriating but I’m having a blast

4. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Okay second island down and I need a break lol

5. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I caved and got it again on Switch. almost through the first island after a couple hours last night. I have definitely gotten better at this types of game over the past 2 years. thank you Hollow Knight.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Getting a Netflix series!

7. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

uhhhh what

8. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

wow

BigMouth, yung_ting and trevorshmevor like this.
  9. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I've been spamming the Nintendo thread so I figured I might as well just bump this one...I bought this game a few days ago, and I'm absolutely loving it. It's been years since I've played something this challenging that I just can't put down. Got to the second island yesterday evening and beat Baroness Von Bon Bon, which was the hardest but most fun boss thus far!

The art really is absolutely stunning. I am all in on this game.

10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

My kids and I have been playing it, we're probably halfway through the 3rd island and having a ton of fun with it but also I'm exhausted and need a break from it hahaha

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  11. I'm very bad at this game so I only best like three levels and quit

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

have you played Hollow Knight? If not, I’d definitely recommend that next. Extremely challenging, beautiful art and incredible boss fights

13. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Yep! Y’know, I was loving it for a while, but I gave up after I got hopelessly lost and the only boss I could find was impossible with my current stats. I’m sure I’ll get back to it at some point because I really did like it, but while I love incredibly difficult games, I’m not the type of gamer who enjoys getting lost. Navigation is notttttt my strong suit whether in video games or real life, ha.

14. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Totally fair, couldn’t remember if I’d seen you in the thread or not! If you ever give it another go, just pop in there if you get stuck, a few of us know that game like the back of our hands at this point haha

Anyways, think I’m going to start this game from scratch tomorrow! Gave up early on the third island but I think I’m ready now

15. wisdomfordebris Jul 2, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2020)
    wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Currently stuck on the third (horseshoe) phase of this boss. It doesn’t feel impossible, but damn, it’s rough.

Edit: just got past that phase and omg hahaha once those baseballs start flying around...jfc

16. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Wow that one felt good to beat lol

Toner and trevorshmevor like this.
  17. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Phase two in Aviary Action is brutal lololol I’m actually good at avoiding the feathers but I’m literally on the verge of a panic attack each time

18. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Buying this instead of TLOU2 was by far the right choice. I haven’t been this in awe of a challenging game since Super Meat Boy. Maybe it’s too soon to say but it already feels like an all time favorite.

19. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I think based on what you’ve said you’re at the same point as I was when I stepped away from the game. I haven’t gone back to Cuphead since beating the clown. I felt I needed a break after spending days against him and then trying the next boss and it looking even harder.

Need to correct that and go back to it. It is time...

20. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Do it!

Beat Aviary Action last night after MANY failed attempts. Might take a break from the game today but can't wait to continue tomorrow.

21. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Onto the third island with 244 deaths! I really did not like Fiery Frolic’s final phase. First time I’ve had to change a weapon assignment

22. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

honeycomb herald was a lot of fun. possibly a top three.

23. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

...have I finally met my match in king dice?

sean_rugy likes this.
  24. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

wow how is king dice not the consensus choice for hardest boss? i had WAY more difficult a time beating him than any other boss. now on to satan...

25. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Beat Satan!

what an incredible and rewarding game

Toner and trevorshmevor like this.