Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cuphead (September 29, 2017) Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I love the learning curve of this game. A few days ago I could barely get to the final phase of the clown boss and I swore I’d never be able to beat him. Now I’m celebrating a near perfect run against him (took one hit so got an A...)

This game is perfection for me. It is right up there with Super Meat Boy. Both super difficult yet so addictive and gratifying.

wisdomfordebris and aspeedomodel like this.
  2. The default control scheme for this game really wasn't working for me, but I think I settled on something I like (moved "stand in place and aim" to the left trigger and special shot to the right trigger). Anyone else come up with a good custom setup?

3. Toner

Yeah I switched:

- RT -> shoot
    - LT -> dash

Was a bit weird to get used to after a few days of using the original control scheme, but I can't even imagine using the old control scheme now!

4. LT for dash is a good idea. I might try that and move stand in place to a bumper. I tried RT -> shoot for a while but it didn't feel right for me.

5. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

RT to shoot makes the game so much smoother it almost feels like cheating for me. Anything that makes dash easy while continuously shooting is a big improvement.

Kind of can't believe how worth the wait this game was.

6. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yep, RT/LT as shoot and dash were crucial for me, a much better control scheme that way.

7. tobytobes

Regular

I do:

RT - Dash
    LT - Lock
    X - Shoot
    B - EX
    A - Jump

Hasn't failed me since I got used to the fact that I took dash off of Y, and it seems way more intuitive (at least to me).

As an aside, I beat the game last night (took 4 hours), and man, what a fun freakin' game. I hope they make a 2nd one at some point, and the way they handle the final boss parts is entertaining as hell.

8. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Toner likes this.
  9. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

The frog bosses are so annoying damnit, I always get to the slot bit and lose

10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Just finished Island #2

Island #1: 121 deaths
    Island #2: 95 deaths
    Total Deaths: 216

An improvement is an improvement lol

11. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

that one took me the most attempts so far. if the slots rolled the cat symbol i would p much just give up.

Rob Hughes likes this.
  12. Toner

That cuckoo bird is going to die if it's the last thing I do...

13. So happy this is finally coming to Switch

Shrek likes this.
  14. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

My mind has been obsessing over this since the announcement

Shrek likes this.
  15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i don’t ever replay games. i’m thrilled to replay this one

16. Bought this on Friday night, I’m probably about 6 hours in total and am a little over halfway through the third island, including all gun-n-runs. This game fucking rules, have been playing everything on regular and it’s the perfect amount of challenging. So happy I’m finally able to play it!

This Medusa mermaid lady might change that all though lol. This is the first boss I’ve run into that feels literally impossible

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ugh just spent a long time on the birdhouse. Ran around my house when I finally won hahaha

18. Soundtrack on vinyl now

trevorshmevor likes this.
  19. Man. It just took me like two hours to beat Cala Maria and then I took out Sally Stageplay on the first try. Can’t tell if she was just really easy or if my guard was super high because of the Cala fight haha

20. I absolutely loooove the art style of this game, but fuckkkk I wish it was an easier game. I suck at video games so I just watch videos of people playing this, haha. I wish it was more like Super Mario World or something. Not super easy but not super challenging.

21. chris

Trusted Supporter

rollercoaster clown is a bastard man

22. Finished this last night. Super fun game, definitely worth the $20! Said it in another thread but I think putting like 70+ hours into Hollow Knight before playing this really fucked with my threshold for what I’d consider to be a hard boss, haha. Game was definitely challenging at times but it never felt like I was reeeally struggling

recall reality likes this.
  23. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Downloading, ready to hate myself

trevorshmevor likes this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

25. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Is there any advantage to going back and getting higher grades on early levels

Just got to the second island