Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cuphead (September 29, 2017) Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Out on Xbox One and Windows

2. Shrek

I just beat the first island and I'm fucking in love with this game. There is a fountain to the far east on island two that tells you how many times you've died, gonna check that once each time I beat an island.

Island #1: 121 deaths

tucah likes this.
  3. Shrek

What's everyone's favorite loadouts? Using The Roundabout and just aiming backwards is very OP and very fun.

Also, I know that the Run & Gun levels aren't everyone's favorite and were put in last, but the Treetops level was so cool/had a lot of love put into it. Hope there's a couple more with that level of concept.

4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

aw yeah all in on this

charge + homing 4 lyf

electro haikus likes this.
  5. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Beat first Island, but I'm awful at this game. Did a few of the bosses on Simple difficulty, so I need to go back eventually.

Love the style and music. Design is top notch as well. Will be slowly picking away at this game as to avoid burnout or frustration. Might be my game of the year.

6. Shrek

Might be mine too. May not be the “best” game I’ve played this year but it’s definitely the one with the strongest ratio of uniqueness to quality.

They could get so much money out of me for merchandise.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

It's been a really, REALLY strong year for games for me, with a handful of my favorite series putting out fantastic entries (and Mario is sure to be a frontrunner as well) so I don't know if it's my favorite game of the year but it's definitely up there and a lock for a top 10 list if not top 5. I've always loved challenging boss fights so the perfect boss encounters plus the jaw dropping style really does it for me.

8. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

i need to buy this game

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Lot of fun and challenging in a totally fair way. They really nailed the balance between difficult but not cheap. Great little game.

10. Shrek

I know I’m going to obsess over getting perfect scores on everything and it’s going to kill me. Scratching my Monster Hunter itch tbh, love learning the cycles and tells of the bosses.

11. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I hate (love) this piece of shit (cool game)

12. Shrek

Stoked for a physical collectors edition

aspeedomodel likes this.
  13. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I beat the first run and gun

The first

14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

15. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

IMG_0773.JPG

electro haikus and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  16. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Release this game on Switch pls

trevorshmevor and electro haikus like this.
  17. Shrek

The first phase of Djimmi the Great is fucking me up. I only ever get to phase two with 1 HP.

18. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm real bad at this game.

19. Is this alright on PC?

20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Windows Store version has/had (?) some issues but who buys things on the Windows Store unless you're doing crossbuy. Steam version has been perfect for me and even runs exceptionally well on my old ass PC (as it should, it's not a very taxing game)

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. Cool. Good to know. My laptop is older and baaaarely handles that new(ish) Alien game that came out. So hopefully this would do fine. I don't know what Steam is though... What is that exactly? (I play my SNES emulator on my computer almost exclusively, so I don't know anything about current video games, basically, haha)

22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Cuphead on Steam

Steam is the biggest PC digital game storefront and launcher. It'll prompt you to download the Steam program where you can buy games (or buy them from the webstore like above), download them and play them. If you're buying a PC game, you're usually buying a game from Steam with some exceptions (in recent years publishers have started to only offer games on their own specific services).

23. This game is so hard and so much fun.

What was not fun was starting up my Xbox for the first time in months. Huge system update with a confusing interface, long game install time even for a small game like this, just a bad experience all around.

But Cuphead is so good that it was worth it.

SpyKi likes this.
  24. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

This game hurts me, I've been playing it nonstop for 5 days and I'm still stuck on the second run and gun, I've even roped my girlfriend in just to have 3 more hit points

SpyKi likes this.
  25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I got right to the end of that level on my first try and got killed by the big enemy because I just didn't expect it and haven't been able to get back since, haha.