Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Culture Abuse 2019 U.S. Tour. Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by flask, Apr 5, 2019.

1. flask

Trusted Supporter

The best band in the world is going on tour. No word on openers yet.

riotspray likes this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'll be there.

3. cherrywaves

Trusted

Saw them in an Elks lodge last year, and it was an absolute blast. Can't wait for this, wonder who opens the Boston gig

4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

This is in Detroit the same night as Lonely Island. Hoping set times are a little later so I can swing both.

5. flask

Trusted Supporter

Bought tix for LA and then my friend in Seattle bought me a ticket so now I guess I’m going on a little trip to Seattle.

6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Dare and Tony Molina have been added to all dates of this shindig.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  7. cherrywaves

Trusted

Tony Molina fuck yessss

8. flask

Trusted Supporter

Dare are friends of mine I'm so pumped they're on this.

9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Same date as lonely island in Texas too :/ bummer I was fucking pumped

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Hadn't heard Dare or Tony Molina before the announcement, but now I'm even more amped than I was for this show.

11. abusedcat

Long Gone Before Daylight Prestigious

Catching the first date of this tonight, will report back.

12. flask

Trusted Supporter

Hit me with merch pics

13. flask

Trusted Supporter

LA was tight. CA loves covering the Clash.

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Anybody have the setlist for this one yet?

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

This is off the top of my head and out of order but in LA last week they played :

Chinatown
    Dream On
    Turn it off
    Jealous
    Goo
    So Busted
    Should I stay or should I go (the clash)
    Bay Dream
    Dip
    Calm E

JaytotheGee and alkalinexandy like this.
  16. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Does anyone know how long after doors / music they have been playing?? Tried to ask them on Twitter and they dunked on me for missing the openers lol. Trying to make two shows in one night.

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

Do you remember if they played S'Why?

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Thanks! Could use another song or two from Peach, but... I'm into it.

I get your specific situation here (i.e., trying to make two shows) so I'm not saying this is you... But in general, I really wish more bands would dunk on people for blatantly skipping openers. If you've checked them out and it's not your thing? I get it. But I find a lot of people now just straight-up not caring about even checking openers out and it's always a bummer to me. Especially on a tour like this where the openers were seemingly hand-picked by the headliner.

Anyway. For a tour like this, I'd guess most openers would play for 30 minutes (direct support might do 40-45) with 15 minutes between each act, including the headliner. So you can do the math if you want... But your best bet is probably asking the venue directly rather than the band. Might have to wait until day-of, but they can usually give you exact set times.

riotspray likes this.
  19. flask

Trusted Supporter

All the openers played pretty short sets. Tony Molina was direct support and he played 30.

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

lol. I constantly try to make 2 shows in one night or catch a band playing late after work or whatever, and always get dunked on for asking on Twitter what set times are.

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I agree that it sucks for people to completely skip the openers, but I still think venues/bands should be more transparent about set times. Sometimes I can't make it in time for the first or second band but want to be sure I get there in time to see one of the other openers. And some of these crazy bills have 15 bands playing and start at 2 in the afternoon

22. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Most venues are pretty transparent about it on the day-of, I think. You can usually just call up and ask if it's not posted on Twitter anywhere. I also fully get it when venues or headlining bands don't talk about set times because the venue wants people there longer (more drinks sold) and the bands probably want folks supporting everyone (including the bar, haha). I think that's the definitely the case with Culture Abuse.

If all else fails? It never hurts to try asking the openers when they go on. If they have any social media presence, they'll usually be more than happy to tell you when they go on, assuming they know it.

As for a bill with 15+ bands that starts at 2 in the afternoon? Any venue that doesn't provide set times for that is just a jerk.

riotspray likes this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah usually the openers are pretty cool about it, if you can get someone to see your tweet. Some venues are real dicks about it for some reason (want to get you there early to sell more drinks) but I get it. There is one venue here that posts all set times for every act, even local openers on their website. I guess I just wish all venues would do that. The issue is that there are some venues that actually adhere to "Doors at 7, show at 8" and others that will have a DJ play for 6 hours and the headliner doesn't go on until midnight. Sucks when you get there early and have to stand around all night but also sucks when you try to time it to just see the headliner and get there with 5 minutes left. I try to support opening acts when I can but living in a bigger market and listening to a wide variety of music, there are often times when there are multiple shows in one night that I want to attend.

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

Were set times something like this?

Local opener 8
    first band 835
    dare 915
    tony Molina 950
    culture abuse 1030

I'm trying to do two shows that night, haha.

riotspray likes this.
  25. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Young Guv (Ben Cook from Fucked Up/No Warning) playing the Toronto date for this :clap: