Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cult Leader - A Patient Man (November 9, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Sep 5, 2018.

1. I’m so excited for y’all to hear the second track on this thing

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  2. flask

Trusted Supporter

No shipping notification from DW yet. Was hoping I'd get it early.

3. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I'm just going to take this record, the new Daughters and Portrayal of Guilt, and go listen with headphones on in a dark forest.

4. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

same

5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Got my shipping notification though it ain't supposed to be here until Tuesday. :(

6. flask

Trusted Supporter

out there

7. flask

Trusted Supporter

Alright this is.....unbelievable. So much post-rock influence it's insane. What really pushes it over the top for me is how emotional it makes me feel. A lot of hardcore albums put me "in the moment" and are very brute with their subject matter but this is cold and full of despair and it is heavy emotionally and even when I'm not listening to it the feeling still lingers with me.

8. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i think spotify goofed up on the tracklisting here. just listened through curse of satisfaction (fully anticipating pure heaviness like drew had said) and it was one of their longer slow burning tracks then i realized that the song length is 6:32? that's not right is it?

9. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

10. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

been listening on bandcamp. this album is so ridiculously heavy

11. swboyd

Upon first listen, it's a great album, but I THINKL I like Lightless Walk better at the moment. Some of the slower tracks slogged on for a bit, but Anthony's vox are on point.

12. Oh man that sucks!

13. But what did y’all think of track 2

14. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

not even lying and not saying this because of what you said pre-release but i think its the heaviest thing ive heard this year (but share my pain comes close)

sophos34 likes this.
  15. cherrywaves

Trusted

Agreed to an extent. I like the slower songs but I wish they were spread out a bit more.

BUT that’s a minor complaint, the record is fantastic.

estebanwaseaten and Nate_Johnson like this.
  16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

one listen and you like an album you’ve had for three years better? well color me shocked

I’m kidding

17. swboyd

The first three tracks are barnburners, and the middle two songs come in and kill the momentum IMO. I wouldn't have minded one of them, but the two back to back just suck out all the energy. Lightless Walk didn't have that issue on first listen.

That said, the slower tracks on that album grew on me a lot so I won't speculate exactly. Lol.

18. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

After one listen I sort of preferred the slower tracks and moments where they let things breathe a bit. The heavy shit is good, but I can get that sort of fury from a million different bands right now.

I really like the title track.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. flask

Trusted Supporter

My initial impression was "wow bold move to go with a 6 minute song for track 2" but now that I've heard the correct track listing I can say that Curse of Satisfaction is indeed an ass beater.

20. foomanfat

Regular

I'm there, as well.
    Really liking the heavy songs a lot. I appreciate the spirit of the clean numbers, but they're just too long for me.

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

10/10 album would listen again

Drew Beringer likes this.
  22. mr_november Nov 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 10, 2018)
    mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I can't stop listening to this. I really enjoyed all their past work but I really really love all the new stuff they tried on this album.

Craft of mourning is definitely my favorite thing they have ever written. Edit: just saw Spotify has the wrong track listening. I'm talking about world of joy.

sophos34 likes this.
  23. It reminds me a lot of no heroes

24. yung_ting

Trusted

Spotify needs to fix this shit

25. flask

Trusted Supporter

Luckily I got a free download with my preorder. Sucks about Spotify though. Not only are tracks out of order but it’s missing arguably the best song. My guess is this doesn’t get fixed til like Tuesday since it’s a holiday.