Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Crystal Castles’ Ethan Kath Sues Alice Glass

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

TMZ is reporting that Ethan Kath has sued former Crystal Castles’ bandmate Alice Glass:

Ethan Kath, a member of the band Crystal Castles, has filed a defamation lawsuit against a former member who claimed he raped her.

Ethan had dated Alice Glass — then a member of the duo — but they broke up and Glass went on the attack. She claimed he stole royalties from her, and then she started making rumblings he was physically and sexually abusive. According to the defamation lawsuit, Ethan’s fired off a cease and desist letter and she backed down.

2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

This dude is the fucking worst

The Pharmacist likes this.
  3. “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.”

4. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Why are we gonna go ahead and pretend like we dont know who the wronged party is when Alice has posted emails detailing a second witness to her abuse and all Ethan has done is hide behind claims of defamation? That’s fucking ridiculous. Crystal Castles was my favorite band for a long time, but I’m calling Ethan’s bullshit. I can’t support this anymore, and if someone else chooses to in the face of all this evidence, that’s their choice, but don’t be so cowardly as to pretend that we don’t know what’s going on.

5. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

6. personalmaps Nov 4, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 4, 2017)
    personalmaps

7. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

what absolute scum.

8. Muzick

9. :sly:

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

legitimate scum. hope he loses the suit and goes to jail and rots and nobody hears from him ever again

11. personalmaps

Please refer to the helpful things I have posted literally two posts above before being a giant asshole, thanks.

12. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Dirty Sanchez and Aaron Mook like this.
  13. Muzick

Appreciate the slam of being called a “giant asshole” when I was asking a legitimate question. Hope Mr. Jason Tate sends you a note asking you to not abuse fellow memb... oh wait, looks like he’s a fan of your message. Never mind.

Excuse me ma’am, if I’m allowed to ask a question: what are your thoughts on the statement that after the cease and desist letter went out, Alice “backed down”?

Mike likes this.
  14. :up: actually an asshole :up:

15. personalmaps

Pls don’t be thick you can read the news articles and all of the things in the thread and easily determine why anyone would come to the conclusion that Kath is scum.

And what do I think? How about what I know: 1 in 4 women in America have been sexually assaulted. I know it’s very easy to google statistics on how false rape allegations are almost non-existent. I know that many victims of abuse are pressured into silence by their abusers, either through physical threat or litigation. I know that society has trained you and others to doubt women and believe men, even when the proof is staring you in the face.

Please do not try to play “gotcha” with me. Instead of asking inflammatory questions on message boards to get a rise out of people, I’ve spent years of my life studying these things so that I can have informed and compassionate opinions. I suggest you do the bare minimum and try to empathize with the plight of abused people.

Statistics | RAINN

16. Why lie? Both statements here are hilariously untrue. Barely 4% of the posts on my site are about Brand New. And I have not “written off” anything about Jesse, I go directly to the people involved. That’s literally the opposite of hearsay. And no one has ever accused Jesse of anything remotely close to what this thread is about.

17. Looks at post history.... ooohhhhhhhhh.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Documentation and people STILLLLLL don't get it lol

19. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Omg I looked and ofc they’re in there arguing in the racism thread and sexism thread holy shit

20. It's like there's a pattern.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.