Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cruel Summer (Freeform) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Apr 26, 2021.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Let’s go

Contender likes this.
  2. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

my partner loved this so much

reminds me of how I felt when I watched pretty little liars

3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Pretty Little Liars started to age poorly very quickly so if this can be that level of fun without like, glorifying a teacher grooming two 16 year old girls I’m in

Contender likes this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is a very dumb show but I like it

5. Carmen SD

Trusted

I like it so far. I don’t have cable, and lately it’s been hard to find a show or even a movie to watch that I like without watching the same movie over and over again. The goof shows on Netflix they didn’t renew for a new seasons, new season not out yet or they got rid of it (same with Hulu)

6. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Loving this so far

What they'd never include but would be true if this was in real life, Jeanette in the far future would have a massive fanbase of shitheads who worship her

7. Meerkat

Watched all five episodes yesterday and am absolutely hooked. I really like the three years at once format. The way they’ve structured it is super fun. Also spent two episodes trying to figure out why Jamie looked so familiar and then realized he was Josh in the first season of One Day At A Time

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Gonna try to get caught up on this in the next couple of weeks

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I caught up to the first six episodes last night. When does the new episode drop on Hulu? I know it's on Tuesdays, but is there a certain time? Or is it not available until the next day?

10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Not available until the next day :/

I thought there were only seven episodes so I was really hyped for tonight but turns out there’s at least 10, keep it coming

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Turns out I actually have Freeform on U-Verse, so I'll just DVR it going forward.

12. Meerkat

Pretty nervous how the show is going to handle the development that Kate ran away to Martin's house but given how much they keep calling everything he did grooming I'm cautiously optimistic. Also didn't realize that Annabelle is also the name Kate uses when she tells the ghost story around the fire in episode 4, curious to see what that turns out to be

incognitojones likes this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Ok, this show is bad.

14. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I really need to start getting answers, they are answering like two things a week while giving us a ton more questions.

I will be mad if this ending doesn't stick the landing because I have really enjoyed the show so far.

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hahahaha this is so bad

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

It is really bad but also I really look forward to it each week for some odd reason.

Is next week the finale?

OhTheWater likes this.
  17. Meerkat

I do at least appreciate that they’re spelling out for the audience that what occurred was grooming and that her staying seemingly willingly for so long was part of the whole trauma and wasn’t her fault. From what I’ve read, the whole cast and crew is working really hard to make sure that relationship isn’t glamorized or romanticized. Hopefully younger people watching are internalizing all of that

riotspray and OhTheWater like this.
  18. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

He's so creepy, but having a therapist there to explain how each step taken was part of a larger fucked up problem really helps.

I'm real excited for the finale and there's a hundred ways they can fuck it all up.

19. meggers

Trusted

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Ugh.

21. Meerkat

Guess tonight won’t give too much of a conclusion then?

22. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I'd be fine with season 2 if this becomes more of an anthology show, love the format of telling a story through multiple years and the element of a mystery slowly being revealed.

If they drag this story out longer I will not be interested.

riotspray likes this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

eh I might be down for another season either way if they don't blow the (season) finale. but I don't think I'd watch more than one more of this story

24. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

No spoilers after tonight please, can't watch until tomorrow night

riotspray likes this.
  25. meggers

Trusted

The article mentions season 2 will be a different story. No premiere date was mentioned.