Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Crown the Empire - Retrograde (July 22, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Jul 15, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The third album from the Dallas rock band sees them largely abandoning their earlier metalcore style for straight-up mainstream rock.

2. beachdude

Just started listening to this, and so far I'm very pleasantly surprised. "Hologram" is an absolute JAM, it's what every "core" band who's gone mainstream rock in the last few years wishes they had written. I'm looking at you, Of Mice & Men, We Came As Romans, etc.

3. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yeah this album kind of bored me for most of the time. I've never been huge into them but decided to try the album out and see what happens. It has a few tracks I like though.

4. beachdude

It's not that special, but I think they've transitioned the best to mainstream rock out of all the core bands that have tried to do so recently... OM&M, WCAR, BMTH, etc.

5. Bane

The spiciest meme

Although I enjoy their older stuff more, I def prefer OM&M and BMTH's "mainstream" albums more than this. WCAR I've never really enjoyed tbh and I did try that last album of theirs and yeah.......not for me.

6. beachdude

Hmm fair enough... BMTH's was pretty solid for what it was, but OM&M and WCAR's new ones were both a hard pass from me.

7. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

So much of this. The outro of Hologram just destroys my inhibitions. The cats get so confused when I decide to dance at 3am. Dog is like, "oh shit, we throwin' down? Where the cookies at?"

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Dave is out of the band. I wonder how much of it is alleged drug abuse and how much of it is them wanting to go in a softer, more radio-friendly direction?

People freaking out on Facebook. To me he was an average screamer anyway. Nothing special.