Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Crosby, Stills, and Nash (and Young) Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Wharf Rat, Mar 13, 2016.

1. zmtr

Trusted

I'm glad this is a thread. Actually went through a couple of their albums today. Something about November makes me crave 70s era folk

primavera and Wharf Rat like this.
  2. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

zmtr likes this.
  3. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

seeing chris robinson brotherhood live last weekend has me listening to this era all week

4. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Crosby's new album is great. His recent streak of productivity has been wonderful.

Also, I think a LOT about how amazing the first post-CSNY album from each guy is. The level of quality of If I Could Only Remember My Name, Songs for Beginners, Stephen Stills and After the Gold Rush is absolutely fucking absurd.

sonder and primavera like this.
  5. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

graham nash’s solo stuff is wildly underrated

6. cshadows2887

"Simple Man" is just utterly devastating.

primavera likes this.
  7. Wharf Rat

this song is antifa af

sonder and primavera like this.
  8. cshadows2887

I hate the Clear Channel-ing of radio so much. I should be hearing "Ohio" everywhere I go rn.

9. Wharf Rat

i know Crosby isn't exactly innocent in these interpersonal conflicts and if the rest of them were posting on twitter like he does i would probably have a very different view of Croz and the whole situation, but this post just makes me very sad

10. Did Neil "throw shade" (as the cool kids say) or something?

11. Wharf Rat

Somebody asked Croz if he ever listens to his own music, then mentioned that Neil has apparently said a bunch of times that he only listens to his own music, then someone asked if Croz thinks Neil et al. have heard Croz's recent solo stuff, and then that tweet. So, no, no one else said anything, Croz just never stops tweeting and somehow got on that thread haha

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. cshadows2887

It's the most redeeming quality of Crosby that he's honest and open. Young is honest, but always so guarded publicly. Croz wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't mind showing you.

I saw one interview where he was like (paraphrasing) "Stephen's voice is almost gone. He's doing everything he can to preserve it, but then again he's still smoking. Graham sounds great though, just lost a little clarity on the high end" and christ was that refreshing to read.

sonder and Wharf Rat like this.
  13. Wharf Rat

Crosby's Twitter is one of the best on the whole site

14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

He's got some gems on his Twitter, along with the pettiness. Everything you could really ask for.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Crosby just said on Fallon he would be down to do a CSN(Y?) “get out the vote” reunion tour for the election, but apparently he doesn’t talk to Stills or Nash or Young.

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

stills looked like he was in really bad shape in the echo in the canyon doc, unfortunately

couldn’t imagine any sort of CSNY thing without him, he’s the most essential member, to the group at least, imo

Wharf Rat likes this.
  17. cshadows2887

For seeming like he's aging poorly, his last 3 solo albums have been pretty wonderful.

18. phaynes12

no disagreements there. that being said, watching the doc, he could barely string a sentence together or keep his hands from shaking. i hope he's doing well. it makes me more nervous than anything else.

19. phaynes12

incredibly underrated stills jam

cshadows2887 likes this.
  20. phaynes12

21. phaynes12

great work by Croz

sonder and Wharf Rat like this.
  22. Wharf Rat