Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Critical Analysis: Quentin Tarantino • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Hateful Eight is my favorite Tarantino film, hands down

Cameron likes this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yikes

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

1. mah scalps
    2. dorm room poster
    3. the one more people are beginning to realize whips ass
    4. new one
    5. it's 2 movies not 1
    6. the overrated one
    7. you're a bad person if you laughed at certain parts
    8. leo practically bailing everyone else out
    9. gotta see this again if it's really as unfairly overlooked as others say

OhTheWater likes this.
  4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I rewatched it recently and Jackie Brown is severely overlooked in his catalog.

Full Effect Ed and Serh like this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

am now remember that you got about a week left before my #2 and #3 get pulled from netflix

6. Full Effect Ed

Hateful Eight
    Jackie Brown
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Inglourious Basterds
    Pulp Fiction
    Reservoir Dogs
    Kill Bill
    Django Unchained
    Death Proof

7. Full Effect Ed

Relax, I know it’s crazy for someone to share the exact opposite opinion as you lol

8. phaynes12

!!!!

9. Driving2theBusStation Dec 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 29, 2019)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

• Pulp Fiction - Holy fuck does this hold up
    • Inglorious Basterds - Holy fuck does this hold up
    • Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Possibly his sweetest film, and the story and characters just really resonated with me.
    • Django Unchained - Still in need of some edits maybe, but otherwise a flawless western revenge epic
    • Jackie Brown - Some exquisite dialogue and iconic moments in his canon
    • Death Proof - That so many film buffs thought a movie with this car chase sequence and climax isn’t fun is insane to me
    • Kill Bill - Only issue is all the impressive action choreography seems allocated to the first one and the dialogue sings more memorably in Vol 2.
    • True Romance - Probably the most 90’s of all his scripts, but still Tarantino af
    • Hateful Eight - An endurance test, but the satirical edges were undeniably sharp. Theory: it might be allegorically taking aim at the uncivil frontier that is a lot of internet comment sections (Tarantino hates smart phones and probably most of the internet, but he's mentioned he reads them). Also it's possible one of the big tests for the audience is looking beyond the movie poster and realizing Jodie, not Warren, is one of the hateful eight given how much worse he is and that Marquis was inspired by Bass Reeves (who only killed in self defense). Is there any evidence of him actually being hateful and not reacting to the hostility around him accordingly? In the film we pretty much just get subjective hearsay about him from bigots in that time and place plus the anecdote he used to bait/troll the confed general into attacking first, like the Lincoln letter, was never confirmed beyond doubt to be false or true. This is based on the theatrical cut anyways, haven't watched the netflix version yet.
    • From Dusk Till Dawn - Maybe I'm cheating adding this and True Romance, but they're Tarantino scripts/stories after all. FDTD is not one of his best, but still lots of fun. Also Tarantino himself somehow actually has acting chops in it.
    • Reservoir Dogs - Some classic dialogue and performances, but given it's his first movie it can feel a bit rough sometimes

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I thought he had written the screenplay to Natural Born Killers but his original script was bought and heavily revised by Oliver Stone et. al. He only received Story By credit

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

RD should never be last

phaynes12 likes this.
  12. I need to re-watch True Romance. It's been such a long time I don't even remember it.

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

14. phaynes12

[​IMG]

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i saw four different tarantinos on the big screen this year, plus fdtd