Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Critical Analysis: Mike Judge

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Sep 13, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Benny Burrito likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

Under rated and awesome. Wish he did more stuff, granted that most of his projects are long lasting.

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Mike Judge = GOAT

I love everything he's done. Extract slightly less than the rest of his work, but B&B and KOTH are two of my all time favorite shows.

Even The Goode Family was enjoyable.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I need to rewatch Idiocracy, Office Space has become such a meme/phenom it's hard to properly evaluate

King of the Hill and Silicon Valley are both great

5. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Office Space is one of the funniest movies ever and Silicon Valley is one of the funniest shows ever. Both extremely quotable and re-watchable.

6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

King of the Hill is stellar. It feels like a proto-Bob's Burgers to me, about a core family who don't always understand each other but generally tries their best and in the end, supports each other. Never watched much Beavis & Butthead, though.

I love Silicon Valley and think it gets underrated in conversations about the best comedy currently airing. I do wonder what the show would look like now had Christopher Evan Welch not passed away, but it has remained excellent.

Office Space is a fantastic film but thinking about him now, while admittedly not being extremely familiar with his work (having not seen Idiocracy), is how cynical his films feel when compared to his TV work. Office Space and Extract are kind of about mean-ish, lazy, selfish people and their frustration with their circumstances, while King of the Hill and Silicon Valley seem much warmer. But then it's been years since I've seen Office Space or Extract so maybe I'm partially just not remembering them that well.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I didn't find Idiocracy funny but totally loved the premise while sad as it's slowly coming true :(

Also, I first saw Beavis & Butthead in the third grade and remember feeling special watching a show I know parents would totally object to. Re-watching it as an adult totally doesn't hold up.

Still love Office Space and Silicon Valley is one of the best shows on TV right now.

8. I think that Office Space absolutely stands the test of time and is still a very funny watch. I never got into KOTH like I did with The Simpsons, but I always appreciated it and would watch episodes here and there on cable. Really wish it would come back to Netflix, I'd probably binge the whole thing now.

Saw Idiocracy once, thought it was a bit shaky but overall pretty comical and absolutely has a little bit of future-telling in there. Extract is underrated!

Silicon Valley rules. Nothing else to say there; it's great.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  9. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

king of the hill is his magnum opus and has said more interesting things about this country than literally anything else he's done

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

Did anyone like the 4th Season of Beavis and Butthead that came out like 5 years ago or so? I caught most of it and thought it was a lot better than expected. Esp the in between bits where they just made fun of Jersey Shore and newer music videos.

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

King of the Hill is perfect

DarkHotline likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Benny Burrito and DarkHotline like this.
  13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

The lack of love for Beavis and Butthead saddens me.

Benny Burrito and Davjs like this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

I love that show. Just thinking about their laughs make me smile. The Movie was really good too.

15. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't seen any of his films for a while, but I feel like the others would've aged better than Idiocracy for me, if anything. King of the Hill was a show I always dipped in and out of watching, but it was good. Love Silicon Valley.

16. I love the movie. I've just never really gone back to rewatch the series that much.

17. Davjs

Trusted

The series has some classics. My favorite eps are probably when Beavis thinks he's pregnant and when Beavis and Butthead and forbidden from laughing during sex ed class.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

In retrospect it makes sense that King of the Hill would have creative talent that would later go on to The Office and Parks and Recreation

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, I probably love B&B mostly out of nostalgia, but I still think there are some seriously funny/classic moments.

The music videos were always great.

Davjs likes this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I enjoy Office Space and Silicon Valley but B&B and King of the Hill are just pure happiness.

21. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

My dad raised me in mike judge practically when we lived with him - he bought one of those tv offers of the best of beavis and butthead and the movie was played frequently.

22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I really need to watch King of the Hill and Silicon Valley. Beavis and Butthead, Office Space and Idiocracy are fantastic

23. I love King of the Hill so much. Hank Hill is an excellent protagonist (layered, funny, stubborn but also willing to accept new, good ideas), and the show does a good job taking jabs at both the political right and left.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Growing up. I assumed King of the Hill and Family Guy were basically the same show, so I never watched it. Now that I've become such a fan of some of Judge's other stuff, and seen all the praise KotH gets, I need to set aside some time to get into it. I still know nothing about it (beyond the consensus of it being really good)

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. Nothing like Family Guy. Nothing.