Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Critical Analysis: Martin Scorsese • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 9, 2017.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Where I stand currently (not including anything I haven't seen on this rewatch):

Mean Streets
    Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
    Taxi Driver
    Who's That Knocking at My Door?
    Boxcar Bertha

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I'm pretty confident After Hours will be in my top 5, if not top 3, when I finish this. Loved it the first time through and would imagine it will shoot up on re-watch.

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Funny to see this bumped when I’m watching The Age of Innocence right now.

4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Man I was so bored by most of that when I watched it a few months ago. But planning to rewatch it with this, so we'll see. And I fucking love costume dramas!

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

rewatched raging bull a few weeks ago w/ rare scorsese commentary, which fuckin ruled

also saw the last waltz, that was a pleasure too

6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Seriously, Minnelli acts circles around De Niro in NYNY. Blowing my mind right now.

7. Morrissey

Trusted

I tried rewatching all of Scorsese's films a few months ago and I gave up when I got to New York, New York. I just did not have it in me to get through that.

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve been doing a “full” watch off and on for a while but I’ll definitely be skipping any that I’ve seen fairly recently and know that I can’t stand.

There’s a collection of his shorts on Criterion now as well in case anyone missed that.

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The shit that got cut out of New York, New York is the best shit in New York, New York.

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

So...La La Land is just a remake of New York, New York?

11. Morrissey

Trusted

I have to give The Color of Money another chance one day. I don't remember it at all and mostly dismissed it.

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Boxcar Bertha, New York New York, and the Color of Money are probably the three Scorsese I got the least out of. I know Shutter Island is low on a lot of people's lists and I haven't seen it in awhile, but I remember some images and performances very strongly.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

my roommate snagged tickets to a (socially distanced) drive-in for shutter island, located outside the hospital that apparently replaced the one where part of the movie took place

14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I saw that Mean Streets is on Netflix now. Never seen that one, definitely gonna give it a go

riotspray likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

whoa, they never announced that! that’s probably his first great film