Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Critical Analysis: Kevin Smith • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Aug 15, 2016.

1. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Dude! So happy you picked up what I was putting down! Nobody ever talks about those scenes!

2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Did a mini-marathon last night because of this thread. Re-watched Clerks, Chasing Amy, and J&SBSB. Clerks totally holds up 100% for me.

Chasing Amy didn't hold up as well, but god damn can that movie be absolutely devastating. The scenes in the rain and the whole hockey/finger cuffs sequence, just incredible.

J&SBSB was pretty much horse shit until they got to Hollywood, then the movie became kinda charming. Doubt I'll ever return to it though.

3. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

The film of his that I've seen most recently was Dogma - it could've been worse, but I didn't think it had aged particularly well either. It is ambitious and has some pretty good smaller moments, but ultimately it reaches beyond its means. It's been a long time since I last watched stuff like Clerks and Mallrats but I never really get the urge to be honest.

4. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Well, saw Yoga Hosers last night, and speaking as a fan...

It's really, really bad. Don't go see it.

If you like it you're in denial.

5. Nah, I just thought it was a ton of fun. I'd recommend seeing it.

6. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I think the reception to this one is going to be pretty split, similar to Tusk (though I think general opinion is going to skew a little more negatively this time)

Aaron Mook likes this.