Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Crisis in Six Scenes (Woody Allen, Amazon) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Crisis in Six Scenes is set to arrive on September 30, 2016 on Amazon.

2. Morrissey

Trusted

I forgot this was even going to come out. The prison joke was awful, but this will be great.

3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

We'll see. I actually thought Cafe Society was one of his best in recent years.

4. Morrissey

Trusted

Miley Cyrus was in the best film of last year, so if you believe in trends, that is a sign.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The Night Before was not the best movie of last year...

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

But yet, surprisingly still very good.

7. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I believe he's referring to A Very Murray Christmas.

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That was considered a film? And a good one at that?

9. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I like it quite a bit. Sofia Coppola is always worth watching.

To get on topic, I don't know that I can reconcile watching a Woody Allen project. I love the casts of Irrational Man and Cafe Society but I just can't bring myself to watch them because of Allen.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

yeah I think I'm in the same boat, I actually did watch Cafe Society and there were some uncomfortable moments given Woody's past, plus the whole financially supporting an abuser thing though

11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Haven't seen Cafe Society yet, or a number of Allen's films for that matter, but this looks like something I might enjoy.

12. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Indiewire gave this a pretty scathing review, basically said Woody wasn't even trying and just did it for the money.

13. Early interviews with him when this was announced may back that up

14. Morrissey

Trusted

He has not had a complete disaster since Anything Else. It seems that this one is universally disliked.

15. Morrissey

Trusted

The hurricane made it difficult to finish this, but the cries of how bad it was are mostly overblown. It is certainly an awkward pairing for Allen, but it is less than two and a half hours long, so it is really just a long movie cut in six. Allen has always specialized in short and concise films, so this does begin to feel like padding at times, especially waiting until the second episode to set up the central plot. Allen playing his famous character again has been so rare in the last ten years that it is some of his best physical comedy when he and the wife are trying to escape the police. As a project, it does not stand up to Allen's great films by any stretch, but it is an enjoyable enough experiment.

16. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Watched the first episode and though this was alright. Not much happened, but it sounds like things pick up a little in the next one. I'll probably watch the rest this week.