Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Creeper - Sex, Death & the Infinite Void (July 31st, 2020) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake W, Jan 10, 2020.

1. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

I've been listening to this a ton. Really enjoy it.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

feel like people here, esp those disappointed in this album, might dig this band

Carrow likes this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Forgot to post in here but I just randomly decided to check these guys last week and they are the fastest a band of this ilk has clicked with me in YEARS. They perfectly scratch itch I've had for a while for new bands with super catchy choruses and cool theatrical stuff behind the music. I know they get the comparison a ton but they really sound like Alkaline Trio (the earlier stuff before the new album at least) with the over-the-topness of MCR and it works perfectly for me. These guys can really write a fucking hook. New album is really great too, I'm super glad I checked them out on a whim like this and can see where they go next

Preliminary favorite songs are We Had a Pact, The Honeymoon Suite, Lie Awake, Black Rain, Down Below, Born Cold, Be My End and Annabelle

4. halowithascrewloose

Newbie Supporter

That’s literally how I describe this band.
    If HIM and Alk 3 had a baby , and it joined the Black Parade

5. BenSmith94

Trusted

Really liking this on first listen

Nate_Johnson and Carrow like this.

6. Very surprising news here.

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Lack of information is very worrying, and quite unlike this band.

8. It could have to do with allegations of impropriety or that he's just decided his time in the band has come to an end, we won't know for a little bit yet, if we ever do.

9. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I see a post like this and I get nervous

10. I will say that the curtness of the statement raises some questions but it will be addressed only when the band are able and willing to do so.

The Black Parade likes this.
  11. BTDandFeelingThis

Agreed. Also his twitter now being private now raises some eyebrows

Carrow likes this.
  12. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

He tweeted 5 days ago how excited he is for tour. Seems very strange.

Carrow likes this.
  13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

The problem is, Creeper pull this shit all the time so like... Even now I have like a 1% of me hoping it's all some weird thing they're doing.

beachdude, 150Wrds, maryp1603 and 2 others like this.
  14. JM95

Trusted

Very difficult week in British rock and metal music. The Holy Roar stuff centre stage obviously, but Milk Teeth ending and then this weird announcement out of nowhere as well.

beachdude and Carrow like this.
  15. 150Wrds

Very interesting to see where this goes. As with what SamLevi11 said, you never know with Creeper whether it's part of their marketing, or something odd has happened.

Hopefully an official statement comes out soon.

16. BTDandFeelingThis

I just think this would be a very weird way to market in this day and age, nor do I see what they’d be marketing.

honestly if it WAS marketing I’d be livid

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

With how rampant sexual misconduct/abuse/etc. is in the scene and how often men in bands are being outed, it would be a weird look for this to be a marketing stunt.

JamesMichael and Carrow like this.
  18. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

people were absolutely furious with the breakup stunt, so I hope they learned their lesson. I have an acquaintance that traveled to London twice to see them from America and was so upset over the stunt that they refuse to listen to them anymore or support them in any way. If this is a stunt, it’s in VERY poor taste.

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I think that is a bit extreme lol. But yeah I do think Creeper are above this, and probably knew how it would look. Which makes this even more suspicious.

Joe4th, beachdude and maryp1603 like this.
  20. 333 GANG

ACAB

Don’t see any way this is any sort of stunt. Don’t like to speculate on these things, but this reeks of something not good.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It's hard, because you want to respect the survivors privacy if this indeed is a situation involving another individual and they want it to be private, but you also want to be aware so you know not to support him in the future if it indeed is a case of misconduct, abuse, assault, etc.

22. 333 GANG

ACAB

Well said.

23. 333 GANG Sep 27, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 27, 2020)
    333 GANG

ACAB

So Will has a new project that... pretty much sounds exactly like Creeper did before the new record lol

This is far more up my alley

24. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah love this a lot, proper banger.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  25. JM95

Trusted

Kept wanting to sing Hiding With Boys over the top of that.

It's ok and I'll probably never listen to it again.