Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Creeper - Sex, Death & the Infinite Void (July 31st, 2020) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake W, Jan 10, 2020.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I love the back half of this album a lot. I dig the 1950's rock vibe with a modern twist. The sound definitely suits them and they delivered. My favorite so far is "Paradise".

The whole esthetic reminds me of Tiger Army, too.

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This is pretty good

SamLevi11 likes this.
  3. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Happy release day, everyone! It's been a very long two years waiting for this. Favorite song so far? Mine is Four Years Ago.

4. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Wish I liked this album as much as everyone else is, but wish the band the best and can see why they went in this direction. I dig a few songs, but unforunately this is pretty disappointing for me personally compared to Eternity. I miss the fast punk songs, catchy choruses/bridges and more melodic approach :/

333 GANG likes this.
  5. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Wish this band all the success in the world, but outside of a couple of songs, this largely isn’t for me.

koryoreo likes this.
  6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely takes a pretty big style shift after Annabelle, which is still my favorite song

I enjoyed it a lot though! Not a summer album by any means lol

These songs are definitely meant for theaters/arenas. If they somehow scored the opening slot for MCR next year it'd be perfect

Carrow likes this.
  7. wasn’t along for the wild album cycle ride, but this is a nice step up from Eternity.

8. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this record is so fucking RAD

maryp1603 and SamLevi11 like this.
  9. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

and imo it’s full of catchy choruses and bridges

maryp1603 and SamLevi11 like this.
  10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I love the entire vibe of this album. Tracks 7-15 just hit me hard on first listen. I was NOT expecting that after loving their fast punk stuff haha.

Napalm Girls sounds like AFI and I ain't complaining. Shout out to the saxophone in Paradise too.

11. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Did anyone who is US-based receive their pre-order shipping info from the Roadrunner US store yet? Mine is still order pending despite ordering months ago and my initial email has gone unanswered for days. Realize we are in a pandemic, but I’ve seen pre-order bundles from Roadrunner UK go out to UK-based fans, but nothing over here. Very strange.

12. Kylee

Regular

Yep I got shipment confirmation yesterday. Although there was no tracking number. But yet, it shipped.

maryp1603 likes this.
  13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

My UK preorder has turned up. Thing is I forgot I had ordered it so that was a nice surprise.

maryp1603 likes this.
  14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The first 3 singles are easily my least favourites on here

15. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

The ending of Napalm Girls is *chefs kiss*.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Got mine yesterday

maryp1603 likes this.
  17. tomtom94

Trusted

Chatting with my best friend and we are both agreed: this is a really good album, and incredible for a second album from any band. The only real disappointment for us both was Black Moon and that's less because it's a bad song (it isn't) but more because it doesn't feel like a closer, and then All Your Friends comes in and you just have an "oh" moment when you realise the album is over.

Napalm Girls was absolutely worth waiting for, Will's vocal work is great, this their Three Cheers as opposed to their Black Parade and I look forward to seeing them play some of these new songs live... eventually.

18. thewmaynes

http://johnnymainstream.bandcamp.com

This is awesome

19. Jake W

This is currently at number 2 in the UK midweek album chart wow

maryp1603 and Carrow like this.
  20. Fontaines D.C. and this lot being top two on Friday would extremely be my shit.

Jake W likes this.
  21. Jake W

Finally actually bought this to help them out lol

22. JM95 and Jake W like this.
  23. JM95

Trusted

This isn't growing on me yet.

24. JM95

Trusted

Carrow and JaytotheGee like this.
  25. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Never heard or listened to this band but added it because it was on my weekly recommended and holy shit I love this so much. Based on discussion here tho I might not like their earlier album(s)? Either way, this rips