Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Creeper - Sex, Death & the Infinite Void (July 31st, 2020) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake W, Jan 10, 2020.

1. JM95

Trusted

Just drop the fucking album.

2. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

The longer they delay this, the less interested I become.

3. Bane

The spiciest meme

And then you'll be interested again once it drops lol

I get wanting to just release it already, I don't fully disagree with the notion and the frustration of it, but saying shit like this just rubs me the wrong way lol

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The fact that they are pushing the album back to coincide with a tour that very likely is not happening is laughable (if that’s actually why they are delaying the release). How delirious do people have to be to think 1,000+ capacity shows will happen in just a few months? They aren't going to have a perfect rollout with everything they want to do, but...every other band releasing an album in this time is in the same boat. Those bands aren't pushing their albums back.

Edit: I know the move may not be the bands choice, I do understand that, but still.

5. Bane

The spiciest meme

I feel that tweet super hard, some people are throwing tantrums at this point about needing music NOW

like chill out yo

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean I kind of get it since the album is already all finished. Things won’t be back to normal in a few months so whatever they had planned to coincide with the album release that they couldn’t do before they still won’t be able to do in July. What’s the point of sitting on a finished album when everyone is stuck at home and eager to listen to new music and there’s no timetable when things will be normal again?

7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Just let the band do what they want with their music is my opinion. If this was a case of the album release being held hostage against the band themselves and they WANT to release it, then yea totally I feel that. But if the band themselves are deciding on it then I think as fans you should be able to respect that as much as you might disagree with it. Because I totally get the logic for "why not just release it now shit's still gonna be fucked later on", yea it's super gonna be. But going on and on commenting on band posts and whatever going "HEY JUST RELEASE THE FUCKIN ALBUM" or "That's it I've lost interest in this album now" is frankly pretty disrespectful to the providers of said music.

And honestly there's a lot of stuff you could still be doing in the place of listening to an album right now.

8. ItsAndrew May 15, 2020
    (Last edited: May 16, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m all for respecting what a band decides to do with their music, but I think it’s fair for fans to post their opinions on what is being done with that music publicly, in a respectful way. I also think it’s perfectly normal to lose some interest in an album if it’s delayed multiple times. That’s clearly not going to help them in the states where they are leas popular I feel.

Sure, there are other things these people can be doing in place of listening to this album, but these fans were let down by two release dates so it’s understandable that they just want the album.

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I dont think anyones being like disrespectful here

ItsAndrew likes this.
  10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Bands don’t owe people anything. Shit happens, the date got moved during some pretty fucking crazy times. The last thing on my mind is throwing a fit like some people have been about an album being pushed back. Am I bummed? Sure! But come on.

And other bands are pushing albums back, so it’s not just them that has done this.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm definitely more annoyed with the initial 6 month album rollout then the fact that it had to be delayed which both are the labels fault

tomtom94 likes this.
  12. tomtom94

Trusted

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Not super into it, but also this is the "hidden track" at the end of the album

What a weird song to release

14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

This album rollout continues to get stranger

Leftandleaving likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This video release would have worked if the album came out today but yeah lol

Jake W likes this.
  16. Jake W

I hate to say it because I do love this band but I really think this rollout is going to negatively effect them. People are going to lose interest.

17. Jake W

[​IMG]

Crazy to me that this was over 4 years ago. I look so tall lol. I miss shows so much

18. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Non of the singles released so far have been that great.

New one seems to mean a lot to the members but it is a bit basic and fits well as a hidden track.

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Isn’t a hidden track supposed to be...hidden? A song people don’t know is there but is a surprise when it’s played on the album.

Leftandleaving and 333 GANG like this.
  20. Kylee

Regular

What a trainwreck of an album rollout. I was really looking forward to this album but pretty much since the first single was released, I could tell this album wasn't going to be what I wanted it to be as a follow up to the last album.

I'm not going to cancel my LP preorder, but I will definitely be selling it once it arrives.

21. I have seen bands issue hidden or bonus tracks as singles in their own right once the album's out (like how, say, Bombay Bicycle Club dropped Beg, an iTunes/Japanese bonus track, as a single almost a year after A Different Kind of Fix came out, in 2013) but doing so before the parent album is actually out is pretty confusing. No idea what this rollout is trying to do anymore and that's concerning.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Agreed! Extra tracks coming out a while after albums isn’t that uncommon, but coming out before the album? When it was supposed to be a secret? So strange.

Carrow likes this.
  23. tomtom94

Trusted

Hidden tracks have been pointless since iTunes came on the scene and business dictated that those songs would get split in two so they can sell them separately

24. 333 GANG

ACAB

This band’s 360 sonically is pretty depressing to me. Loved all three EPs and EIYA more than I can put into words, quickly became one of my favorite new bands of probably the last 10+ years, and yet none of these new songs do anything for me at all. “Born Cold” was okay, but this all largely just isn’t for me. Bummed about it.

25. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

so you’re saying they haven’t changed at all?

:eh:

KidLightning, Joe4th, JM95 and 3 others like this.