Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Creeper - Sex, Death & the Infinite Void (July 31st, 2020) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake W, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Album has gone back to an unspecified future date, I would imagine to coincide with the rescheduled tour in August.

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

So dumb

Where did you see that?

3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Wow it already felt like the longest lead up to an album ever. Bad move.

4. I was in the running to review it at the end of May and their UK PR confirmed after raising the possibility of a delay when I put in my request. I absolutely think they should go ahead and release it digitally on May 29th (current date as the delay hasn't been announced yet per se) but since it's Warner/Roadrunner we're talking about this probably won't happen.

5. tomtom94

Trusted

Not the band's fault by any means but that has the potential to suck out a lot of their momentum, I really hope the label reconsider

Carrow likes this.
  6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sure they're doing very well in the UK aside from 2 back to back 6 month album rollouts, but every move the machine behind this band has made for them in the US has been pretty baffling

7. Jake W

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like this only got pushed back a week? Their twitter bio and header says May 29

9. I have no idea what's happening with this but it's almost certainly not being released in any form on May 29th.

10. Jake W

Newest single was released over two months ago. Wow this is being handled so badly.

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I want this album ASAP, I really hope they aren’t pushing it back too long ughhh

12. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Carrow likes this.
  13. Jake W

But it's already been almost 4 months since the album was announced lol

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This album has taken so long to come out that I completely forgot about it’s original release date.

Jake W likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This band owes us a surprise album drop next time lol 2 incredibly long and pointless album rollouts back to back

maryp1603 and Jake W like this.
  16. JaytotheGee likes this.
  17. Kylee

Regular

So dumb to keep delaying it. 9 months between the announcement and release. Totally unnecessary.

And they cited being able to release new content and videos in the meantime. Like what have you been doing since OCTOBER?! 2 singles and a bizarre website/reality thing that didn't catch on.

Carrow likes this.
  18. Jake W

I think it's so stupid that it's been delayed but its 100% on Roadrunner not the band, regardless of what gets posted on social media

Joe4th and Carrow like this.
  19. Absolutely, it can't have been an easy decision but it's the correct one under the circumstances.

20. michael_gatto

Trusted

Yeah I don't think it's up to the band whatsoever when something gets released. RoadRunner should just drop it on streaming and wait on the physical release.

JM95 and Carrow like this.
  21. Jake W

Carrow likes this.
  22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty cool thing to do to tide people over I guess

23. tomtom94

Trusted

Just FYI, two of the big British music festivals aimed at the end of August/beginning of September have been cancelled in the last week. Somehow suspect the tour isn't happening.

Carrow likes this.
  24. Jake W

Tours are a least more likely to happen than festivals, but yeah it isn't happening

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'm predicting January before big tours are allowed, honestly.