Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Creeper - Sex, Death & the Infinite Void (July 31st, 2020) Album • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake W, Jan 10, 2020.

1. tomtom94

Trusted

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  2. Hannah kills it on Ghosts

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this EP rules

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah this is some of the best music they've ever made. I wonder if Hannah having such a prominent role is because this is mostly b-sides off the album or if that's how the band will be moving on

5. tomtom94

Trusted

I get the impression they made the most of the delay and reworked some of the B-sides that originally had less Hannah. I think they'd be fools not to make more of the dual vocals honestly.

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It might be a bit controversial but I honestly don't know if I agree, I think it's better as a more occasional thing. I really love Will's voice for this kind of music though, the only Hannah-led song I've ever really connected with is Ghosts Over Cavalry from this new EP actually

7. 333 GANG

ACAB

Hannah’s voice rules. Crickets is so good

8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The new EP is awesome. I’ve had Midnight on repeat for a while.

9. BenSmith94

Trusted

Gave SD&TIV another spin last night, such a fantastic record. Found out afterwards abut the new EP, not bad at all on first impressions.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This new album isn’t bad. But I just found out about Salem and I’m loving it. I prefer that style much more haha.

amorningofsleep and 333 GANG like this.
  11. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Salem is on the new Scream soundtrack:

Really glad I stumbled on to Salem as well - it's like the best parts of My Chem mixed with the best parts of Alkaline Trio.

David87 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

good movie. Good soundtrack.

13. michael_gatto

Trusted

Fall Out of Love plays as the credits start rolling, it was a great surprise when I saw the movie.

14. tomtom94

Trusted

That's a pretty awesome opportunity for them given they're... Well I was going to say a "small" band but a more accurate word would be *tiny*

Just so long as it doesn't mean less Creeper!

15. tomtom94

Trusted

Anybody else here going to the Roundhouse show next week? Looking forward to it given they seem to be setting up an "end of era / birth of new era" sort of vibe.

16. tomtom94

Trusted

God I love this band

Show recap (in spoilers in case anyone cares about that sort of thing)

Pre-show they set up a curtain and used it to project public domain classic vampire movies, with text appearing on screen periodically saying HOW DOES IT END?

Show starts and we're treated to a montage of sound clips about vampires, band go live and play a truly career-spanning setlist with the only noticeable omission being Black Rain.

Set closes with Misery and then lights go out; band leave stage except Will who stands at the front of the stage, back to audience. A stage hand comes on in a Nosferatu vampire mask and bites Will, wrestling him to the ground. Lights come on and the vampire rises holding Will's decapitated head. Curtain falls.

A B-movie horror film starts playing with cheesy lightning and a model house. Title card: DARCIA. A woman (I think it was Hannah but I honestly am bad with faces) introduces herself as Darcia, says we're going to get to know each other very well and reads "The News" off a card.

The reveal:
    Creeper are signed to Spinefarm Records and a new single called Ghost Brigade is live right now. "It's time for a new era." Closes on new logo as "Night Of The Vampire" plays.

They set it up to literally go live as the show ended! I love this band

Assume the video will be posted to their YouTube soon.

maryp1603, 333 GANG and ZooZooChaCha like this.
  17. 333 GANG

ACAB

New song is really cool.

I badly want this band to come back to North America.

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Such a cool show. This band really go all out.

I like this new song a lot on first listen. This band don't miss. I hope they go for the full vampiric goth theme.

333 GANG likes this.
  19. michael_gatto

Trusted

Echoing a need for them to come back to NA.

This song is incredible, I liked SD&TIV and American Noir but I like this a whole lot more.

333 GANG likes this.
  20. BenSmith94

Trusted

Keep forgetting I'm seeing these guys support Shikari next Friday. So keen.

21. tomtom94

Trusted

Fan recording of the end video

maryp1603 and michael_gatto like this.
  22. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Stoked for a new era, but sad North America never got a proper SD&IV tour. Love this band forever.

333 GANG likes this.
  23. hollowmines

Regular

lol at "new era" and a song that sounds exactly like every other creeper song (tbc this is a good thing and I am not complaining)

24. 333 GANG

ACAB

This is not what the last 2 releases sounded like at all lol

Phantoms, Joe4th and maryp1603 like this.
  25. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

It definitely does not.

333 GANG and SamLevi11 like this.