Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Creeper - Eternity, In Your Arms (March 24, 2017) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake W, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I wanna say the first influence I heard on one of the first two EP's was early AFI in terms of the vocal delivery and then MCR on the overall feel. This album was the first time I really noticed the Trio vibe. I should do a re-listen on the catalog to see if I missed it.

DeRRek likes this.
  2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The Alkaline Trio influence is most obvious on the first EP imo

Michael Schmidt and DeRRek like this.
  3. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

If My Chem and Alk3 had a baby and raised it in Southampton

truelovewaits, ugman_2000 and DeRRek like this.
  4. DeRRek

Trusted

Yeah. It just felt alkaline trio to me with a little MCR thrown in too

Jake W likes this.
  5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Given your knowledge and live experiences with this band, I will start there haha. I trust your opinion when it comes to this band.

Jake W likes this.
  6. DeRRek

Trusted

Having only seen them live twice as support I thought I'll see if there is still tickets left for their uk tour not realising that they play Glasgow this Sunday. There are still tickets, just deciding if I should buy one and collect at venue, it would be a close to 2 hour drive but it is a Sunday night so I could drive through and drive back. Having now finished listening to the new album in full I am tempted! Haha

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  7. Jake W

Next week will be my 14th time seeing them lol I like this band a lot

ugman_2000 and DeRRek like this.
  8. ugman_2000 Mar 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 25, 2017)
    ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

That's a lot hahah, good work. I'm not up to that many I'm on 4 atm. I think by next Friday it will be my 6th time since about this time last year. End of April I'll be up to 7 after the Kingston show.

Michael Schmidt and Jake W like this.
  9. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I found out tonight that the album lasts exactly the time it takes me to walk from my flat into town, absolutely perfect :-)

Also the footage on twitter from tonights Manchester show looks awesome, I'm so stoked for the shows next week.

KidLightning and Jake W like this.
  10. Jake W

11. Bane

The spiciest meme

Misery #1 track, so good.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That setlist fucking rules

Jake W likes this.
  13. Kuri44

Really dig this album, but that's some bad album artwork

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I love the artwork haha

15. Jake W

Yeah I don't like the artwork at all. Which is a shame as I really like the artwork for The Callous Heart and The Stranger.

16. JM95

Trusted

Yeah, I'm not big on the artwork either. I find fairly simple images more powerful generally, which is something they did well with the last two EPs.

Jake W and Kuri44 like this.
  17. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I like the artwork as its shown in the first post of this thread, not the version with CREEPER in huge letters across it.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  18. Jake W

I really liked the theme of have the Callous Heart logo on the artwork that they did with the last two eps, so I really dont understand why they didn't continue that with the album.

19. henryviolence

This is easily my favourite release thus far this year. I love every second of it. Almost every track is a standout but if I had to pick a favourite moment, right now, I'd say the bridge in Hiding With Boys. I just really love how the piano sounds jamming with all of the other instruments. Something you almost never hear in rock anymore and definitely not something you hear on punk records. The production on this is also just so so good. It sounds huge but it still sounds raw. Still sounds punk. I can't wait for this band to gain more traction in NA. I've been lucky enough to see them twice (last month when they opened for waterparks - not a good band - and once when they did a mini headlining tour in the summer. There were literally less than 30 people in the room and they played as if it was a sold out stadium show) I'm dying to see these new songs live in a packed venue full of people that love this band as much as I do.

20. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

That's how both the cd and LP came for me (without creeper). Personally I think the artworks alright. I did like how the stranger and callous heart are hidden in it.

KidLightning likes this.
  21. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I was thinking of seeing them tomorrow but I'm missing it after all. Shame, them and Milk Teeth together would be great.

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Darling sounds like Goddammit era Alkaline Trio and it's possibly my favourite besides Black Rain and Hiding With Boys on here.

23. oneeightytwo

Regular

Yes! Haha
    Refreshing to hear a band use their influences and not just write a song which sounds exactly like the band they're listening to.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  24. oneeightytwo

Regular

Looks like with the artwork, they're going for the idea that every part of the record plays it's part in the image, something that not a lot bands do recently. Makes you want to buy the vinyl just for the artwork; similar to how Maiden used to do theirs.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Speaking of buying the vinyl, I went to do so and it's $33 on Amazon Prime which is pretty insane