Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Creeper - Eternity, In Your Arms (March 24, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake W, Oct 3, 2016.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'd love to see them with Milk Teeth

I can't really think of what smaller scale bands I'd like to see them in the states with. AFI, Alkaline Trio etc would be awesome obviously.

I think if they toured with TWY that'd be cool

Anyways about to listen in a little and very stoked

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'd love to see them tour with Against Me!

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

That's why I suggested a band like The Flatliners. The Menzingers would work. They would appeal to a younger audience than Tiger Army. Although, I don't think those types of tours would be a bad thing either. I would even say bands like Los Campensinos (sp) are a better fit than some of the generic pop punk stuff. I just think beyond a couple core bands it's hard to really appeal to that crowd and make them care. And furthermore, I find that it tends to be a pretty fleeting demographic. Here today, gone tomorrow. A band like Creeper that seems to have a real message and aesthetic should be looking to identify itself with a more stable group of bands. The reason I say all of this is because bands like Alkaline Trio, AFI, and MCR had very strong bases before they took off. Perhaps their UK base is enough, but I question trying to come up in the US through pop punk and Warped Tour. I just fear it sort of limits your reach and ability to connect with reliable fans.

Jake W and JM95 like this.
  4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That'd actually be perfect.

Now I want an Against Me! / Menzingers / Creeper tour really bad haha

Jake W and Michael Schmidt like this.
  5. Jake W

That would literally be the best line up ever

6. JM95

Trusted

I almost forgot Milk Teeth were on the Creeper tour.

I'm so looking forward to next week.

7. Michael Schmidt

It would have been sweet if Pup took Creeper out, but those schedules obviously didn't line up.

8. I liked the singles but right now I'm not really able to get on board with this. Just kinda leaves me cold.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Wow this is really good.

Blew my already high expectations out of the water

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Well now I'm even more excited haha.

Cheers for the info!

11. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I really like this, I think it's a marked improvement from the EP's (which I also enjoyed) but the sequencing, namely in the middle, feels a little off.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This band is definitely going to blow up by the end of the year

mmcd323, Jake W and KidLightning like this.
  13. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Never really gave this band much a chance, and for no good reason. Really impressed with this new record.

14. Michael Schmidt Mar 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 24, 2017)
    Michael Schmidt

I am curious to see how this record does because I definitely think the songs are there. On my first few listens I want to say Suzanne is my least favorite.

15. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Uk wise this'll blow up for sure they were already getting daytime Radio 1 play on the last ep. They're also getting a major media push as well over here. No idea how it'll do in the States I guess it depends on how much of a push they get in AP.

16. Michael Schmidt

The verses and the bridge to Hiding With Boys completely dominates. I like the chorus, but it is definitely the weakest part of the song.

17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Pretty solid on first listen. Singers have great voices that's for sure. A lot of indfluences as well, early AFI and MCR are pretty on point. 309 sounds kind of like Supporting Caste Propaghandhi

18. Michael Schmidt

Call me crazy, but I would actually like to see them play the Fest this year. These new songs (and the old ones) would go over really well. It would be awesome to see them do a US fall tour to make it work. Reality though, is they probably have better "home" offers for the fall since they will be on Warped.

19. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

I honestly didn't expect much from this record but it rules. Now I'm excited to see these guys this summer.

20. Michael Schmidt

Whoever said earlier that Darling is like Alkaline Trio hit the nail on the freaking head. Even that breakdown around 1:36 is classic From Here To Infirmary stuff.

KidLightning and DeRRek like this.
  21. Jake W

They really show their influences in the best way possible.

22. Michael Schmidt

Yeah, I remember thinking it was obvious on the EP's too, but this is really on the nose on the album. And I don't mean that in a bad way. Really a nice pleasant surprise of an album.

DeRRek likes this.
  23. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoyed my first listen. Looking forward to playing it again.

DeRRek likes this.
  24. DeRRek

Trusted

Managed to get round to spinning this. Wow! Really enjoying this album. Cool to see their progress and how far they've come. Reckon they will blow up with this release. I wasn't wild about the new songs but they have grown on me and listening to this album in full is making me appreciate it more. I've seen them twice live and both were support slots but they were amazing live.

25. DeRRek

Trusted

When I first came across this band on bandcamp and heard their first ep my immediate impression was "alkaline trio" haha