Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Creeper - Eternity, In Your Arms (March 24, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake W, Oct 3, 2016.

1. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished my second listen through, I can't beileve haow damn good this is. I'd totally be happy with them playing the whole album, plus a few others for their sets next week.

2. oneeightytwo

Regular

That'd be probably one of the reasons why I now regret sleeping on tickets. When I checked a few weeks back, my date was sold out.

3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

They're playing most Of The album apparently

ugman_2000 likes this.
  4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Trying to wait until this hits Spotify tomorrow but we'll see if I can wait all day

5. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

So happy with this, I saw in the 3rd part of the TNM interviews that Crickets is going to be in the set which I'm super stoked on.

Jake W likes this.
  6. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Also I'm so happy there's some absolute ragers on this album, I honestly thought they were going to soften their sound a bit after all the songs I'd heard prior to today.

7. oneeightytwo

Regular

Any else hear the huge Alkaline Trio influence on 'Darling'. Not to be completely unexpected however.

8. JM95

Trusted

I think I mentioned this when Black Rain came out but it's present on a lot of the other songs as well - in terms of pace and rhythm, there are too many songs on here that start with roughly the same up tempo beat. I think it's over half the album and it did get to the stage during the second half of the record where I was going "again?!" every time that drum rhythm came up. Structurally, there are certain patterns that come in tandem with that up tempo rhythm that become a little predictable and maybe distract from some of the songs.

The size of this record and singalongs though... man, you can tell immediately that it's going to be immense live. Definitely one of my albums of the year so far.

9. "poison pens" was cool. i stopped listening after about 5 songs. not really feelin it right now.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

As long as they keep playing songs like Allergies, VCR and Black Mass, they can play the rest of this album all they want. So glad they didn't re-record and mess about with Misery too.

11. JM95

Trusted

I Choose To Live is the best thing this band have made in their short career.

12. Fox83

Trusted

Exactly what I was thinking when I heard it.

13. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Album is really good. Definitely a good blend of AFI, Alkaline Trio, and MCR. They should get away from the newer pop punk scene in the US though. That's not where I see them fitting in personally. In terms of NA, I would like to see a band like The Flatliners or more straight up punk bands giving them an opening. I get the pop punk move in the US for an MCR play, but I just don't see that being the right move w/o TV over here. It just feels a little limiting, idk.

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  14. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

They had a run with Tiger Army last year and I thought that was quite a good fit for a support, but I guess they've got to aim for the younger fans the tours with newer Pop-punk bands bring in.

15. Jake W

Yeah as much as I dislike some if the bands they've toured with recently, it's the bands with younger fans that get them new fans. Older people don't turn up for support bands that they don't know.

It's kinda funny though how as soon as they do a headline tour, that the sort of bands that they tour with suddenly change lol.

16. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, the TNM tour lineup is stacked with good bands, really looking foward to seeing Milk Teeth next week.

17. Jake W

I've never been able to get into Milk Teeth, but I'm excited for Energy.

18. ugman_2000 Mar 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 24, 2017)
    ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I'm a total mark for Milk Teeth considering my love for all things Grunge, they're definitely a lot better without the male vocalist too as he's the only weak part to their debut. I still need to give Energy's stuff a proper listen, I gave a it a brief listen when they first got announce on the bill but haven't gone back to it.

CarpetElf and SamLevi11 like this.
  19. Jake W

I don't think I'll ever get over Billy leaving Hindsights join Milk Teeth lol. They are definitely better with him than the old guy though.

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Milk Teeth are absolutely fantastic. The TNM tour will be the fifth time I'll be seeing them so I can't wait.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  21. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I've yet to see them properly, only time I've seen them was I caught the end of their set at 2000 Trees last year. they did sound well good though.

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I caught them supporting Nothing in Birmingham n 2014/2015 and I've been hooked since.

I'm gong 2000 Trees for the first time this year, how do you rate it?

23. Jake W

Everyone that I know of that's been to 2000 trees absolutely loves it.

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Never listened to this band before today, but decided to check them out because of everyone talking about them. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they seem to be just as big of Alkaline Trio fans as I am.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  25. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

My favourite festival in the uk by a long way. Just has such a nice vibe too it and it's so relaxed. It has such a great set up too, the Car park is right next to the campsite (also taking air beds and larger items is no hassle), campsites 5-10 min walk to main stage (the other stages are less). Has a ok priced bar with a good selection of drinks (not your standard main festival shite). Also you can take your own drinks into the main stage so if you want to do it on the cheap you can. Food vendors are pretty great too.

You also tend to get loads of the bands wondering around enjoying themselves throughout the weekend too. If I wasn't away this year I'd be doing it again for sure.