Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Creeper - Eternity, In Your Arms (March 24, 2017) Album • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake W, Oct 3, 2016.

1. JM95

Trusted

What's coming?

Some kind of announcement Friday it seems.

Nate_Johnson, 333 GANG and Jake W like this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully new song + album announcement

333 GANG and JM95 like this.
  3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Both, hopefully.

Probably going to be announced for Reading & Leeds soon too.

Nate_Johnson and 333 GANG like this.
  4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'm still excited ofc but still disappointed they said there's no punk songs on the album

SamLevi11 and 333 GANG like this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't see that but damn that sucks

333 GANG and Jake W like this.
  6. Jake W

"Well, it’s unrecognizable, I’d say. It’s changed forms quite a drastic amount. For instance, there are no fast songs on this record. There are no double-time beats on this record. We haven’t made a punk record at all. I wasn’t inspired to do that. It didn’t seem relevant to be doing that at this exact point for us. So, when things are punk here, it’s in a more aggressive delivery, perhaps, rather than a double-time beat. I feel like we were using that as a crutch sometimes when we were writing. Listening back to the other records, I’m very proud of them, but I felt like every time we started trying to make something that was a little bit more challenging, we would deliver it, but then we would immediately feel like we’d need to do a standard punk song to make up for the fact that we had done something that was challenging our listeners. I just don’t want to do that anymore. I want to make a record that’s exactly in the image of these challenging ideas."

KidLightning and JaytotheGee like this.
  7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I guess that could be good for them though, hopefully we see Friday!

KidLightning and Jake W like this.
  8. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yeah, I respect this band for doing what they want to do, and I’m still excited for the evolution, but I loved the last record so much and the fast, punk songs were a big reason why.

SamLevi11 and Jake W like this.
  9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They just nail the Alkaline Trio / MCR dark/punk sound so well

333 GANG and Jake W like this.
  10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This actually has me a lot more excited for their new stuff tbh

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I am gonna miss the punk stuff a lot but I’m sure this will still be of a high quality whatever it sounds like

333 GANG likes this.
  12. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I’m just looking forward to some new songs. I’d definitely got a bit bored of their setlists before they disappeared (even though they still killed it every time).

Nate_Johnson and JM95 like this.
  13. JM95

Trusted

I'm fine without the quick punk songs. I definitely see what Will's saying about it becoming a bit of a formula.

Plus I trust them to write a good album regardless.

14. Jake W