Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Creedence Clearwater Revival Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, Mar 14, 2016.

1. cshadows2887 Mar 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 24, 2020)
    cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Creedence Clearwater Revival, often shortened to Creedence and abbreviated as CCR, was an American rock band active in the late 1960s and early 1970s. The band consisted of lead vocalist, lead guitarist, and primary songwriter John Fogerty, rhythm guitarist Tom Fogerty, bassist Stu Cook and drummer Doug Clifford. Their musical style encompassed the roots rock, swamp rock, and blues rock genres. Despite their San Francisco Bay Area origins, they portrayed a Southern rock style, with lyrics about bayous, catfish, the Mississippi River, and other popular elements of Southern US iconography, as well as political and socially-conscious lyrics about topics including the Vietnam War.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I really like this band, mostly heard Pendulum tho

cshadows2887 likes this.
  3. cshadows2887

Oh man. Oh MAN. When you get to hear Cosmo's Factory and Willy and the Poor Boys and Green River.

4. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I've heard em, not a lot. My dad loves em (surprise), played all of the great ones all the time, Pendulum is just where I land when I'm longing because I usually really want to hear "Have You Ever Seen the Rain"

cshadows2887 likes this.
  5. cshadows2887

Also:

Wharf Rat likes this.
  6. cshadows2887

The story behind Mardi Gras is so fascinating in its hall of fame pettiness.