Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Crashing (HBO) TV Show • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 13, 2017.

1. abw123

Trusted

Great show. So underrated.

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah great premiere. I know they said the college was in Maryland but did they say if it was UMD? I live like 25 minutes from there lol

Really hoping it's just fully leaning into the comedy scene in this season now that the Lauren Lapkus story is basically over

3. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

The minute of comedy in these last two eps was good but this dating storyline is boring me to death.

kyle likes this.
  4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Being Jewish (100% Bar-Mitzah'd and everything), I loved every second of the scene at the synagogue.

abw123 likes this.
  5. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I personally love how uncomfortable Pete is this season. This season will awaken him.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I listened to Jamie Lee on Guys We Fucked and I had no idea her and Pete dated for some time before they both settled down with their partners. that lucky SOB Episode 4 this season is the best episode of this show, hands down.

7. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

omg episode 4 was my favorite of the entire run so far.

I empathised with the crowd that hated that douche so much.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  8. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Yeah ep 4 was great.

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Haven’t watched ep. 4 yet but caught up with 2 & 3 couple days ago. So if Lapkus represents his first wife, Jamie Lee semi-playing herself to represent their courtship, does Kat represents his current wife Val? The only similarity I know of is they’re both blonde

10. chewbacca110

That’s the only similarity I see, too.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I wish Pete had supported Jamie more vocally even if it makes sense that he wouldn't
    I like how they captured how depressing suburban comedy clubs are

mescalineeyes likes this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm almost always so into this show when it's on that I get surprised when it ends. And yeah, last episode might have been the best yet.

I think I've come to the realization that I'm more into the life/art of comedians than actual standup comedy if that makes sense

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I can't believe there are only two more episodes left this season. I can't think of another show where the season is over before you even know it.

Last episode was hard to stomach, I was cringing pretty much the entire time.

14. mescalineeyes

This season is incredible.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  15. chewbacca110

Maximum cringe from The Watch Party episode. I have lived that street argument before (from Pete's side) and I felt sick to my stomach. Too true.

riotspray and mescalineeyes like this.
  16. mescalineeyes

I lived it last week lol and I was watching that scene with my girlfriend

17. chewbacca110

WOOOOOOOOF. Sorry to pry, but was there some reflection at least? As in, someone realized how ridiculous it is/looks to accuse someone else of their skewed perception?

18. mescalineeyes

well obviously it wasn't the same exact situation, but I mean the whole getting in a fight while the other party is drunk and wildly accusing you of stuff she think you did. the whole thing got started because I liked a girl's post (the one in our new video lol) on instagram.

19. chewbacca110

Fucking BEEN THERE. Stick to the higher ground and you're fine.

I am very curious how this season is going to end. I hope Kat will take the mature route and see that things are innocent and accept it.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. mescalineeyes

there is no way things with him and Kat are working out, also I think they are purposely making the audience start hating her at least low-key.

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, no way they are together by the end of the season. For Pete's sake (see what I did there)

mescalineeyes and chewbacca110 like this.
  22. mescalineeyes

yeah she doesn't seem like the right fit for Pete at all long term but on the other hand it does seem like an enriching experience for him.

riotspray likes this.
  23. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I love Pete Homles (his stand up and his podcast) so I am assuming I would love this show. Is it typical of his sense of humor and how dramatic is it? I have been disappointed with a lot of dramedy movies and shows lately that seem to forget the humor for long periods of time and are vehicles to show off comedians serious chops.

riotspray and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  24. mescalineeyes

I think it's far more drama than comedy heavy and a lot of the humor comes from either cringey situations or actual stand-up.
    might be another disappointment for you in that regard, but also it is SO GOOD.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  25. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Im a fan of Holmes and his style of comedy too. That said, this show definitely represents it well - some drama sprinkled in but not so much that it takes over or ruins the moment. I laughed during each episode if that means anything...highly recommend checking it out.