Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Craig Owens Leaves Chiodos Behind

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Craig Owens talks with Billboard about the end of Chiodos:

That does mean that Owens previous phase, with Chiodos, has come to an end after 15 years. “It’s done,” Owens confirms. “It just couldn’t stay afloat. There were just kind of, not necessarily bad vibes, but we came to the realization that we can’t do it full-time. I think it just stopped becoming a passion for all of us, so we said, ‘Alright, let’s stop.'”

2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

This is disappointing but I guess not surprising. Really loved devil and they didn't have a bad album. Hopefully Craig gets involved in another band sometime in addition to badxchannels.

Bryan Diem and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Surprise, surprise...well, not really.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'd be surprised if anyone didn't see this coming.

5. defmytones

Regular

If Owens could bring back DRUGS and Chiodos get Brandon Bolmer back that would be fine by me. Know it's not going to happen, but one can wish.

Peerless and carlosonthedrums like this.
  6. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

So essentially Craig Owens feels the same way about Chiodos as I do, haha

jlinitz and bmir14 like this.
  7. TrailerParkJesus

OG

This is for the best for Chiodos. I feel it was time. I'm sure we'll get some sort of anniversary tour down the road, but that should probably be it.

8. ARo24

Regular

No disrespect to Thomas but I just couldn't do Chiodos without Jason Hale.

Daniel182 likes this.
  9. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i never even cared enough to check out Devil. lot of people think it was good but i was ok with chiodos being done after Illuminaudio

10. devenstonow

Noobie

Devil is a 'meh' album but holy shit 3 AM is legit a fucking amazing song.

Always felt with Cinematic Sunrise and that song that Craig was always best at pop-punk music.

also always felt it was out of left field that Thomas Erak was in the band

Bryan Diem likes this.
  11. Kuri44

Was this guy hooking up with Ashlee Simpson after Pete and him became friends/Pete signed D.R.U.G.S? I remember hearing rumors about 5 years ago but then never saw anything else about it

12. LiveFast_DieOld

Regular

My interest in these guys wore off in high school.
    My interest in my World of Warcraft character (named Chiodoz) also wore off in high school.

13. btr

Trusted Supporter

A girl on MySpace showed me "Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on the Creek" back when I was in 7th grade and that is my best/only memory of this band. RIP

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Peerless

Chiodos was at their best with Bolmer at the helm.... Illuminaudio was just an excellent record all around.