Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Craig Owens Featured on New Kuniva Track

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

A) I always forget that Craig was on Dr. Dre's last album on a track with Anderson .Paak, and every time I remember it's still surprising
    B) Looks like he is featured as "badxchannels" maybe a new band or something, his social media has been teasing some bxc thing so it's definitely that
    C) This is bad :-/

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  3. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I like Kuniva, after Eminem and Proof he'd probably be my favourite lyricist in D12. I dig the verses and the beat but the chorus doesn't do much for me, Craig Owens often feels out of place on hip hop songs in my opinion.

4. ARo24

Regular

He has some announcement planned for Friday. Sounds like a new project may be in order.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I haven't listened to this yet, but I will never not be excited for new Craig Owens. Ok so excited for Friday. I'll always have a soft spot.

6. Tylar

What happened to Chiodos? That whole reunion didn't seem worth it

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Pretty much fell apart.

The record took way too long to be completed and come out from when they announced Craig returning, Devil was pretty meh (borderline bad at times) aside from a few key tracks, Thomas left cause he couldn't stand Craig, Matt and Derrick left, fanbase dwindled, and I'm pretty sure I read that they were dropped by Razor somewhere?

Illuminaudio is still their best record by a landslide in my opinion. It's a shame the fan base couldn't accept Bolmer properly as he's so much better (except lacking in stage prescense unlike Craig) and the band couldn't keep it together.

ChaseTx and carlosonthedrums like this.
  8. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

As someone that is not invested in Craig's music, a new project absolutely makes sense in 2016/2017 for Craig. Chiodos needs to be an afterthought. He should do something with just clean vocals and probably no heavy music. Drugs was too similar to Chiodos and the least organic project ever. Idk he has one of those distinct deliveries where it's hard to have something sound new and fresh.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ok I loved Illuminauduo, but Bone Palace Ballet was the best Chiodos album, and the best Criag Owens album. No question (for me of course).

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Idk there are certain musicians I just have blinders for. I will love what they do without question so I'm really not the best judge. Max Bemis, Nate Ruess, and Craig Owens are probably the 3 best examples. So I'll love whatever this ends up being no matter what. I just think the true problem with Craig is he needs to stick to something, and I know it hasn't always been up to him, but if he could just stick with one band/project I'm sure he'd have a pretty sizable fan base. For context though, the last time he has released something under the same project two times in a row was Alls Well and then Bone Palace. So it's been almost 10 years since he's released two consecutive albums. If drugs stayed together for example, I think they could at least be at a House of Blues level circuit.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Bone Pallace is the only Chiodos record with Craig I really enjoy quite a bit but overall it's Illuminaudio that still gives me chills.

12. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Not to be that guy, but Devil screams and breakdowns were pretty awesome tho.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Haha fair enough. I can't even look at the situation objectively because that album meant so much to me at the time. It's in probably the top 3 albums that really made me love music. Chiodos was the first concert I ever went to of my own choice (not just cus my parents were taking me). It'll always be such a special album to me.
    By all means be that guy. Expensive Conversations in Cheap Motels and Behvis Bullock are so much fun.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

There were too many breakdowns but the screams are WICKED SICK on that record. A few of the breakdowns on there are great fun. Really wish Munsters' breakdown was not in the song though, it's pretty annoying on an otherwise rager of a track.

Illuminaudio had the life sucked out of it by boring vocals. First two albums rule completely. Devil's lots of fun but not really great. I'm always down for more Craig. Amen.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Devil's definitely underrated and Illuminadio is boring as f

Bryan Diem likes this.
  16. GhostOverground

You've intrigued me....I feel like I missed out on Illuminaudio. What songs would you say are your favorites on that album? At the time I was just salty that Craig wasn't on vocals so I disregarded it pretty quickly.

17. Chinesefood

Regular

Haha same, man. They used to be my favorite. BPB was so amazing to me back in '07. I heard "Progression" on my 8th grade girlfriend's Myspace page and was instantly hooked on Chiodos and the post-hardcore genre. The first show I ever bought tickets for was Chiodos/Motion City Soundtrack in '08 at Lupo's in RI. Such a great show. Technically my first concert was the American Idiot tour at Gillette Stadium but I was invited by family.

Here's hoping Craig finds his niche in this next project. (Fingers crossed it won't be hip-hop.)

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Haha that is pretty much exactly it, except replace 8th grade girlfriend with 7th grade. I miss the myspace music day. That was always the most important part of any Myspace page for me.

I agree. I just want some consistency for his sake and mine. I'd like a project that can actually build some momentum. I know he has it in him. I don't think he'll go hip hop (maybe some features but not him himself). But I honestly have no idea what this will end up being. Excited to find out though.

Chinesefood likes this.
  19. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Stravolcano is pretty tasty.

mattylikesfilms and Bryan Diem like this.
  20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I always though the intro into caves was pretty chilling. His Story Repeats Itself and Those Who Slay Together Stay Together are two of my go-to's from that album. Notes In Constellations is probably the albums most popular song, although it was never one of my favorites. Really just listen to the whole thing. It's definitely worth a few listens. It's a pretty cohesive album with a good flow.

21. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Pretty sick musically but the songs aren't always there and vocals are snoozy but it's def worth a listen

irthesteve likes this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Unfortunately that's what a lot of fans did and that's why that line up broke apart rather quickly.

My favorites are; Caves, Notes in Constellations (song still gives me chills 6 years later), Hey Zeus! The Dungeon, Those who Slay Together Stay Together, Closed Eyes Still Look Forward, and their bonus track "New Thought Movement" is phenomenal!!

I seriously love the record.

GhostOverground likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

New Thought Movement!!! Wow I completely forgot about that song. What a song to go out on.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  24. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Devil is pretty good

Bryan Diem likes this.
  25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

New Craig Owens song is out there on Apple Music at least, if anyone's interested. There's a 5 song EP coming out Nov. 18th, first song "I. One Car Funeral". Jon Connor, Tyler Carter, and Missio are features. Ep is called "WHYDFML". Idk if it's hindsight bias, but it's honestly about what I would have expected. Definitely think this is a solo endeavor. It's kind of like some of his more recent solo songs (No More San Fran comes to mind), but more fully fleshed out with some electronic elements going on.