Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cove Reber Starts New Band

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

kwilcox likes this.
  2. Dog Fish

Mutt

Ok, these lyrics sound like they were written by my eighth grade cousin, no? Then again, maybe it's intentional? The subhead says on the actual album says "a musical abomination in short bursts."

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Song doesn't do much for me, feels like a demo or B-side imo. I'll keep an ear to the ground for this though cause I looooove the self-titled.

Jared Luttrell likes this.
  4. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Well, vocally, he sounds good. Not my style of song but I liked the clip of the song in the teaser, etc.

5. Sal Mastrocola

Making Music in Gatto Black

"The Shape of Punk is Dumb"

.... okay

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

My favorite Saosin albums were with Cove, I can't wait to check this out later. Regardless of how good it is, at least I get to hear him sing

7. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Lyric videos for songs with poor lyrics always make them sound even worse. Not sure why you'd risk highlighting them.

8. SFguitar

Regular

It really sucks we never got a proper follow-up to the Saosin S/T. Such an amazing album.

Nolessthanblink likes this.
  9. How is In Search of Solid Ground not a proper follow-up?

10. Yeah, that's really the only good thing I can say about this song: that Cove's still a good-sounding singer/screamer.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Pretty meh across the board.

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Well, I’m into this. Love the music and vocals, but lyrics are very meh.

kwilcox likes this.
  13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Unfortunately that was pretty meh. Cove sounds good but everything else is sub par.

Blowmybutthole likes this.
  14. zachmacD

Trusted

Lyrics are terrible. This is a pretty big disappointment have an 8 year hiatus. The lyrics on in search of solid ground weren’t groundbreaking(pun intended) but yikes

15. SFguitar

Regular

That's one of the worst albums I've ever heard. Boring all around and doesn't even sound like the same band that put out the S/T. Maybe I should have said "worthy" follow up.

StoJa9 likes this.
  16. sukottokairu

Regular

interested, i like the heavier approach and curious to see what else they have in store

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

If ISOSG is one of the worst albums you have ever heard, you have lived a truly sheltered life.

It's not great but it's not terrible at all.

18. I love Coves vocals, but this is bad.

19. andrewcloer

Lurking AP since 2005. Lurking Chorus since 2016.

Sleepwave is that you?

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

In Search of Solid Ground is a mess but it honestly has some great songs on it that get overlooked.

Deep Down, Changing, The Alarming Sound of a Still Small Voice, It’s All Over Now, Is This Real?, and Fireflies are all jams.

Even Anthony Green said he loves the record in his Lead Singer Syndrome podcast interview.

I’m just saying it’s not as bad as people make it out to be.

21. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I can't say I've revisited ISOSG since it came out. I remember not being that impressed though. Perhaps I'll revisit it today along with S/T. I never thought Cove was a strong lyricist, but I do love the sound of his voice and the melodies he comes up with.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Agreed.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  23. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Surprised people dislike ISOSG so much.

24. At this point, I dislike ISOSG more for Cove's performances and melodies than for the overall instrumentation. Some of the songs would have been much better if he approached them differently vocally, especially Changing.

25. reesy

I’m hoping this song is the worst of the lot off the EP. The songs being teased on their Instagram sounds more like the Saosin we love and miss