Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cove Reber Joins Scary Kids Scaring Kids for Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 18, 2019.

1. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I chuckled I saw that group live so many times cause they had the same manager as Greeley Estates, Blessthefall, etc. they were always at Chain.

2. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I have no sense whether they were good live or not, never saw them, and given their sound you could tell me they were a complete mess or a good show and I'd believe either. Not surprising the Arizona screamo scene shared a manager and tours, that was a real hotbed for that sound back then.

3. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

They were pretty fun live the cello made it pretty interesting.

4. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I can't speak for everywhere in the U.S. but the Albany, NY scene were incredibly antagonistic towards Brandon when he was in Chiodos. Both times I saw them at Northern Lights/Upstate Concert Hall people would flip him off and throw water bottles and shit. It was fucking dumb and immature. Then again, the Albany scene is fucking dumb and immature in general

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  5. zachmacD

Trusted

Thanks! The podcast was pretty good. I was only 14 when this album came out and I heard of Emanuel from the front page of the Vagrant website. I didn't realize that their album was delayed so long, that they were getting on the best tours, or that they were getting such a push from the label. I just thought it was because they were good lol

I can't remember which one it was but Shane talked about Emanuel on the Lead Singer Syndrome podcast. He was saying that that they were getting on all the best tours and were really getting pushed by the label, but they just never took off. It sounded like there was a little resentment there

As far of the reunion, I'm fine with that not happening. The last thing I heard, the singer was the manager for like a pizza hut or something. I can't imagine he'd be that great live. I loved these guys but I was never blown away by them live when they were active so god only knows how'd they would be now

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, I remember that bit from LSS too. I wish Emanuel took off since both of their records are fantastic but oh well. At least they got mild success with "Save Tonight" and I got to see them during both album cycles which was nice too.

Also, I can confirm that Matt Breen was a manager at a pizza spot but I think he works corporate now so good on him!

7. zachmacD

Trusted

Oh that’s awesome! Good for him

Admittedly, I bought BET and hated it so I never listened to it more than once. I listened to Soundtrack on the way to work and got 3 songs into Black Earth...pretty good so far.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Definitely recommend giving it a full spin when you can. It's underrated as hell IMO.

9. BET is awesome. It's like The Artist In The Ambulance meets White Pony which is my main pitch when I want to make someone listen to it lol

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Niiiiiice B-)

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just finished the two part Emanuel podcast and it was fine. Bryan seems like one down to earth dude and I enjoyed the stories.

However, I hate that the podcaster barely went into what happened between the guys or the making of Black Earth Tiger and why they really threw in the towel. Its touched on, sure, but not really explored in my opinion. It just feels like a lot was left out... big sighs. Anyways, now it’s time to throw on My Antapex.

12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Just listened to Illuminaudio today. Easily my fave Chiodos, first two are good but I've never fully liked Craig

13. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

It's definitely the best start to finish as far as I'm concerned - wherein I find the early Chiodos albums have a huge drop between the best and worst songs. I get especially annoyed my favourite song from Bone Pallace Ballet (Teeth the Size of Piano Keys) isn't even on the Grand Coda edition - which is the only album version on Spotify.

14. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Save for a few songs illuminaudio didn’t do much for me. I gave Devil a re-listen today for the first time in a long time and while the gap between best and worst is vast, the best songs (~3-4) are top tier.

AllenRicketts likes this.