Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cove Reber Joins Scary Kids Scaring Kids for Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 18, 2019.

1. DesolateEarth

Birb

So so SO HYPED!

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Damn.. thats a bummer to hear.

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh damn - you are right! I forgot this banger for a second.

4. I still have some videos from his first tour with them ingrained in my mind and I remember him being strangely static, a shame because he's such an incredible singer and his vocals seemed flawless live.

5. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Damn I've not heard Emanuel for years. I used to jam the hell out of them.

What happened to the band?

6. They were all having money and drug problems, so sustaining the band was impossible if I remember well. There was a podcast around the Black Earth Tiger 10 year anniversary with one of the members, and he pretty much admitted that a reunion would never happen. I wish I still had the link somewhere.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms Nov 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 19, 2019)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I would absolutely love to hear this. I'm still a mega Emanuel fan.

If you ever find the link - please send it my way!

Update: found it - EP36 - Bryan Whiteman - Emanuel - Part 1 - Sean Vs Wild Podcast from Sean Vs. Wild | Podbay

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  8. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I never got into this band really but I remember being into the other record of theirs a little bit. This record got a vinyl pressing recently and now a tour.. what is it that made this record the one? Did the other one flop in comparison?

Also, Cove was always awful live whenever I saw him. I was 12-13 and noticed it in every performance of theirs I saw. They also always had problems with their mix leading to his vocals often being hard to hear. I hope he does well for these guys, maybe they can resurrect their and his career or something.

9. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

That's fine then, I'll take a Yesterdays Rising reunion then (though I'd probably be the only person there...), and y'all can keep Craig with Chiodos!

tvck likes this.
  10. tvck

Trusted

I'll take that too.

11. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Damn that's a shame. I threw on Soundtrack to a Headrush today and that album still goes hard. Hot take but I still prefer it to Black Earth Tiger which is wildly loved more than their debut on here.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They both have highs and lows but are equally amazing in my opinion.

13. zachmacD

Trusted

I low key love What were we made for? Haha

14. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I'd take that too.

15. zachmacD

Trusted

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yup! If you go on his site or the Apple Podcast app - you’ll find it there.

zachmacD likes this.
  17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I think I would like the track more if it started different. I just really dislike the opening haha

18. HalfHearted

Regular

Oh God, please give me a Yesterday's Rising reunion.

19. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Something catastrophic! Something more than what you think!

20. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Me too. I had it on repeat when it came out. Lots of awesome jams.

21. KyleK

Although I don't ever expect to see it. With him focusing on art and electronic music, and them never being very big to begin with, I'd be pretty surprised to see a reunion, of it it did, would probably be the opposite side of the continent from me in California.

It's been so long now, and I forget, but were there ever demos of new music following Lightworker?

22. HalfHearted

Regular

I have no idea to be honest - According to Wikipedia they tracked 3 new songs in 2008 but it seems nothing came of them, or I just don't know where to find them.

23. KyleK

Also, the Stiletto Formal is another Arizona band from that era that I wish would reunite and open for this. Plus, it's annoying their music isn't at least on Spotify.

24. KyleK

That seems vaguely familiar. Back then demos would just sorta show up on band myspace pages and websites. Between Home and Serenity is an example of that, where they started leaking music that sounded a lot heavier, and then they broke up [...and now looking them up on Spotify, seems they did one day post the demos - so maybe that's a bad example].

25. HalfHearted

Regular

I am now listening to Lightworker and God damn, so good. It's been a while and this holds up very well.