Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cove Reber Joins Scary Kids Scaring Kids for Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 18, 2019.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Seconding Chiodos with Brandon... Illuminaudio was underrated as fuck

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

While I agree it’s an overall underwhelming follow up to the S/T - it has some of my favorite songs by Saosin so I don’t think I’m that crazy.

Fireflies? Deep Down? The Alarming Sound of a Still Voice?

All top tier in my eyes.

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It’s criminally underrated. I know I’ve been saying so for 9 years now on this site lol

beachdude likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hell yes.

While I think there’s only 1-3 songs that should have been cut from the record - an EP would have probably gone over very well with their fans in 2009.

1. I Keep My Secrets Safe
    2. Deep Down
    3. Changing
    4. On My Own
    5. The Alarming Sound of a Still Small Voice
    6. Is This Real?
    7. Fireflies

BigMouth and Dog with a Blog like this.
  5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

If only Saosin finished the demos for “Brikka Brikka” and “Exfoliator” with Cove - it would have made ISOSG stronger.

Just take out “What Were We Made For?” and “Why Can’t You See”.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I remember seeing SKSK open for August Burns Red, Haste the Day and Destroy the Runner in 2006. What a show!

7. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Why was this band so bad at song titles?

8. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Listening to The City Sleeps in Flames this morning. Had flashbacks to being a depressed, suicidal kid who just needed somebody to understand what my pain felt like, listening to this on the bus going to school every morning. Now I'm almost 31, listening to it driving to work and thinking about all I've been through since I discovered this band and it really just made me remember how important they were for me back then. Some days Ty's lyrics were the only thing that made me feel like somebody understood what I felt like.

I am really, really excited about this.

9. thechetearly

Regular

Ah man, I hope the best for Cove, but I'm nervous for his new stuff. I have a sense that dude is REALLY holding onto the past. Seems like his failure in Saosin hit him really, really hard.

10. K0ta

Really awesome. Keep the conversation going.

Colby Searcy and Contender like this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

that’s one thing I’ll never defend... their poor choice in song titles lol

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  12. tvck

Trusted

13. tvck

Trusted

thank you all for my daily listening today at work.

14. Dog with a Blog

This is where I get lambasted but I would 100% make an effort to go if it was a general tour and they’d be playing tracks from S/T but I missed the boat on TCSIF and just never got into it so I’ll prolly pass

15. tvck

Trusted

To jump back in on Fear Before talk, Always Open Mouth still feels fresh 13 years later. I wish they would come out of their indefinite hiatus and do something. One of my many regrets not seeing them live.

That album to me is the pinnacle album from the last half of the 2000's scene.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I tried listening to The City Sleeps in Flames and still can’t get into it after 15 years.. I also think it’s very dated in sound.

With that said; their S/T record is a pretty big step up all around. There’s some songs that still sound really great like Degenerates, A Pistol To My Temple, Star Crossed, Snake Devil, Set Sail, and Faces.

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Same man. I don’t like City at all but S/T goessssss.

18. Dog with a Blog

Degenerates fucking rips

19. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I feel like fans welcomed Brandon with open arms, he was just such a boring stage presence compared to Craig you couldn't get into the show at all.

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The first half of SKSK s/t blows away the second but that first half is top tier post hardcore

21. K0ta

Self-titled is definitely a better record but nostalgia is a powerful drug ahaha. Still never thought I'd see any SKSK song live again so what a surprise this is.

Colby Searcy and disambigujason like this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Really? I never got to see them with Brandon but from what I heard from people and saw online - it looked otherwise. Craig does have better stage presence, I will give him that, but Brandon is a stronger vocalist.

23. Don't forget Move Slow, which has one of my absolute favourite drum parts in any song!

24. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

His new band Dead American put out an EP last year that was enjoyable.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  25. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Great vocalist but he was unbearably boring.They had packed venues when they returned but once people saw his stage presence it was game over and this is coming from a guy who loved Yesterdays Rising.