Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Courtney Barnett - Tell Me How You Really Feel (May 18, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I feel the same way but hopefully the album as a whole surprises me

2. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

im just very excited for this record

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. username

hey you lil piss baby

btw this is one of the songs from the RSD release that's coming on Saturday. She claimed this and the other song on that, Sunday Roast, are her favorites from the album.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I like them all, honestly. I think Need A Little Time is still my favorite one so far. I love the City Looks Pretty outro, it's very Courtney sounding.

5. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Same, they all bring something different. Still very excited for the record. Nameless, Faceless is probably my favourite so far mind.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

City Looks Pretty is great, I love how it changes things up in the last minute or so, cool mood shift

7. Jim

Trusted Supporter

drip

8. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Oh boy...

9. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

courtney SHREDS on this album

every song is good

10. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

End leaks 2018

11. username

hey you lil piss baby

I'm Not Your Mother, I'm Not Your Bitch is going to be a showstopper in the live set

12. username

hey you lil piss baby

I think this is a pretty wildly different album both in content and sound than Sometimes I Sit and Think. Working with Kurt pretty clearly changed the way her songs sound, but it works really well hear. I'll always have a high connection to that album but I am really glad this isn't a repeat. These songs are going to be incredible live. I miss the sprawling, 7 minute long songs though. Based on the promo video for this album, I would love to hear some of these stripped down a lot too.

13. BigMouth May 9, 2018
    (Last edited: May 9, 2018)
    Just finished my first listen. Not sure yet if this will surpass Sometimes I Sit... for me, but I really liked it.

14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

yeah this is really good

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I like the songs I've heard from this a lot more than her older stuff.

16. Is it just me or iarethere some In Utero vibes all over this record? Just so dark and grungy without ever losing sight of the hooks.

17. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Not my favorite after listen three. I feel like there were more standout songs on the last solo album. This is sonically varied and I’m sure the songs will go off live, but tracks like 5-8 on the last one were instant classics to me and I don’t really hear that here.

Contender likes this.
  18. Kennedy

Waiting till it’s on streaming still

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Overall not as into the sloggier/grungier/sloppier sound, but album is pretty cool for the most part

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I've yet to hear any of this but I thought her last album was great.

21. The leak turned out to be a mono vinyl rip and was pretty bad quality so I'm waiting until it's on streaming services to listen again. I think if you liked her past record, this won't disappoint. Still not sure that it's better than it, though.

jordalsh likes this.
  22. Kennedy

So stoked to hear this tonight / tomorrow

23. streaming on bandcamp now!

she was incredible last night. Kurt Vile made an appearance

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  24. username

hey you lil piss baby

Very curious to see if this is going to get a BNM. Seems like significantly less of a hype record than the last one.

Grabbed a ticket to her second show here too. Excited to go for round 5 and 6 next month. Seeing Vagabon with her is going to be special too.

25. from one listen (and hearing the whole thing live last night) this is just a less immediate album than the last one. I like the vibe of the whole thing a lot and i think it's really gonna unfurl over time into something i love a lot.