Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit (March 20, 2015) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Record from the Australian songwriter, released in March of last year

[​IMG]

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

My 2015 aoty. Seeing her in 2 weeks!

3. siim

qt

Such a great record, one of my favorites from last year.

4. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

one of my AOTY last year. so good. kinda wish she ended up taking home the grammy for best new artist but oh well.

5. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Love it, was in my top 3 for 2015.

6. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Just bought this LP. About to listen.

7. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I was super into this last year. Haven't visited it since though.

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Her set last night was one of the best I've seen in a while. She gets so heavy live. She played Three Packs into Pedestrian into Elevator Operator and the whole crowd went off with no dip in energy for like 10 straight minutes. The sing along to Depreston was amazing too. But I think her best song live is Kim's Caravan. It hits so hard and she gets so into it.

9. hers was my favorite show I saw last year

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I saw her open for Blur last year

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I saw her play Pemby Fest last year and it was awesome but seeing her in a club where everyone was there for her was next level.

12. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I really want to see her live. I've heard nothing but good things about it

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Also she has a really cool Dead Fox poster for her current tour.

14. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Whoa she is playing SNL finale

15. I am so excited

16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Just rocked SNL, did "Nobody Really Cares..." and "Pedestrian at Best"

17. FakeGyllenhaal

Nice, cant wait to watched. A bit surprised she didn't play Depreston. Seems like artists love to bring out the "slow" songs for SNL.

18. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Saw her for the second time on this tour last night and it really made me appreciate when I saw her last month. Crowd was so lame, barely anyone dancing/moving/singing along except to Pedestrian at Best. Far cry from Vancouver show where the crowd went wild. She even seemed way less into it. Last show I saw there was a good amount of interaction with the crowd and she barely said anything more than thanks a handful of times to this crowd. One highlight was seeing her perform Being Around, which I didn't get at the last show and honestly never expected to see her perform.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

awesome

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Only got into her a month or two ago, but I love it. Depreston is the song that hooked me, although I knew Avant Gardner.

There's something about her lyrics that really intrigue me, and hearing how they wanted the solo in that song to resemble the cries of an old lady who may have lived there is utterly brilliant as a concept and it works greatly. Only truly familiar with the first half of the record but I've listened all the way through a few times and it sounds really interesting through out.

21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

She was in the studio recording something with Kurt Vile. Article indicates its supposedly for a compilation. Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile hit the studio together

This article is from September but it has a little info on the album. Apparently a lot darker, and she says it could end up being just her and a piano (though this seems like an unlikely, off the cuff remark imo). Courtney Barnett says her next album might be ‘just me and a piano’

She's also got a track coming as part of this subscription series, which should be out in the next 3 months at most. Split Singles Club

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Pls don't be minimalist. This album was great because it was quite varied and her voice went well with the musical canvasses.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

new previously unreleased song, I guess "new" because she wrote it like 8 years ago but just releasing now

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I got really into her last year, and I've kind of forgotten about her recently, but now that this thread popped back up, I'm definitely going to revisit that last one. Hopefully she has an album coming soon.

25. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I need a new albummmmm

mattfreaksmeout and brandon_260 like this.