Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile - Lotta Sea Lice (October 13, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Jun 7, 2017.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Courtney’s album is easily one of my 5 favorite of the decade at this point. It’s so rich with truths and humor. Depreston is one of my favorite songs ever.

dadbolt, AFoolsGlory and Matt like this.
  2. zmtr

Trusted

I definitely enjoy that song.

I need to listen again with all of the lyrics in front of me to see if anything else clicks

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Listened to this on the morning commute. Really pleasant listen. They sound so nice together and new Courtney is always a good thing. Courtney's take on Pepping Tomboy was one of my favorites.

4. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoying this. Kurt’s take on Out of the Woodwork is an early highlight.

5. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Echo all you guys thoughts. Given it a couple of listens through in the commute today, and I just love it. Love how they've split the album up, really feels like a collaboration, not just an album with two different artists songs on, if that makes sense.

Courtney is fantastic on it. The cover of Fear Is Like A Forest that she leads is easily a highlight, along with her cover of Peepin' Tom as well as On Script. Both of them really shine in the singles. Think Continental Breakfast is my favourite on the record at the minute. Kinda speaks to me since I have a lot of close friends that live away.

6. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

random shoutout to Tom Scharpling in Blue Cheese?

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Great Crab

8. Matt

Barn E.T.

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Courtney’s cover of Peeping Tom is so good.

This album is pretty much exactly what I expect it. Really love it. It’s so pleasant.

mattfreaksmeout and Ryan Garner like this.
  10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Really liking this a lot. I’m driving through the mountains of Vermont today and I’m looking forward to listening to this along the way.

11. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

It's just such a lovely record. That's the best word I can think to sum it up, just a lovely chilled record.

mattfreaksmeout and Ryan Garner like this.
  12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

It’s perfect for weekend early morning listening. So happy with how this turned out.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I had kind of lost interest in this before it came out, but I'm hooked on it now. It's got a great vibe, and I love their voices together.

14. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

This record makes me so happy. It's perfect for an early morning with coffee or a lazy afternoon. I can't stop playing Courtney's cover of Peepin Tom.

mattfreaksmeout and AFoolsGlory like this.
  15. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Think Blue Cheese is my favorite off of this, probably one of my favorites overall of the year

Should probably check out that Kurt album. Wasn’t too compelled by it initially when I checked it out but this probably pushes me into being a fan of his too

16. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

On Script is one of Courtney’s best song. Refines the aesthetic of songs like Porcelain or Kims Caravan with a clear influence from Kurt. I think it might be my favorite at the moment.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  17. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Yeah, I'm so excited for Courtney's next record now (as if I wasn't before haha) to see how her songwriting has developed and progressed.

Genuinely so happy at how this record has turned out. They compliment each other so well. I wonder if in a few years we might get a second record.

18. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I don't usually share my writing around here bc I mostly think it's obnoxious when people plug their own stuff on here. But I wrote a piece on this record that I am really happy about. It might even be my favorite thing I've written. So, yeah, here's a link if anyone is interested.

Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile – Lotta Sea Lice

AFoolsGlory and Matt like this.
  19. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I wasn't planning on listening to this tbh but reading that made me wanna, great job budbud

20. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

:heart:

(although i am offended you were never going to listen in the first place!)

21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

22. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing this show in a few hours!!! I am so excited!!!

jdr2187 and Yasqueen4 like this.
  23. Matt

I expect a full report

24. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Report: extremely great

Matt likes this.
  25. Matt

Was there an opener or anything? Or did they both come out together, play songs from this record and then call it a night