Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Counting Crows Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by crunchprank, Apr 11, 2016.

1. simonthebutler

Regular

My favourite track is the storytellers version of have you seen me lately. They are such a great live band.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  2. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i would go as far as to call it their masterpiece

Craig Manning likes this.
  3. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Too difficult to rank them outside of #1, but here's the 10 I'm counting as my faves today. This changes a lot.

Round Here
    Goodnight Elizabeth
    Cowboys
    Up All Night
    Anna Begins
    Einstein on the Beach
    Miami
    Holiday in Spain
    Angels of the Silences
    Colorblind

Just missed: Four Days, Palisades Park, Good Time, A Long December, Miller's Angels

4. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

RANT:

You are right and it makes me so frustrated that despite then fact that Adam is originally from Baltimore, they seem to never want to play there. They always put their tour stops at Jiffy Lube Live Trash Venue.com in VA.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  5. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Been listening to a lot of Hard Candy recently. I think it's become my favorite record if I had to choose one. That being said.. it's bounced around a lot over the years. My go-to response was Satellites for a while, then TDL, and SUW when it came out.

Always forget how great "Butterfly in Reverse" is. So many great songs that nobody talks about. Hope they'll break out some more deep cuts this tour.

6. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

hard candy is their best imo

cshadows2887 likes this.
  7. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I remember when people were PISSED when it came out. I always thought it was great.

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  8. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i do have to pretend that the "big yellow taxi" cover doesn't exist but beyond that, nothing but bangers

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I can’t pick Hard Candy over August, but it’s definitey my second favorite.

10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Honestly the only song mentioned so far that I didn’t read and think “Oh yeah, that’s one of their best too” is New Frontier, and that’s still a great track. Such a wealth of material and it’s all fantastic

11. Turkeylegz Apr 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2018)
    Turkeylegz

Trusted

What is the consensus on Somewhere Under Wonderland? I always thought it was criminally underrated. Palisades Park is a top 10 song of their's for sure.

Round Here, Miami, Up All Night, Have You Seen Me (story tellers version), Anna Begins and A Murder of One come to me immediately as favorites but I need to give it more thought and review the catalog.

12. Craig Manning

SUW did not have the lasting value for me that I expected it would. I still like it, but it's probably my overall least favorite of their original material.

13. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I go back and forth between "Have You Seen Me Lately?" (yes that live version is even better), "Another Horsedreamer's Blues," "Anna Begins," "St. Robinson and His Cadillac Dream", and "When I Dream of Michelangelo," but the real answer is probably just "A Long December."

I'd go: 1a. August 1b. Satellites 3. Wonderland T-4. Hard Candy T-4. This Desert Life 6. SN&SM

14. Craig Manning

August
    Hard Candy
    Satellites
    Desert Life
    SN&SM
    Wonderland

I really love all of those records, though. The first four were all super pivotal for my musical development.

15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i like wonderland slightly better than saturday nights. that one completely passes me by for some reason even though many of the songs are good

16. duritzfan13

all we have is time

SUW is killer. Palisades, Dislocation, and Possibility Days are probably some of my favorite songs in the catalog.

CarpetElf, JimmyIymmiJ and Turkeylegz like this.
  17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i love dislocation, scarecrow, and earthquake driver so much

Turkeylegz likes this.
  18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

hard candy
    recovering the satellites
    august and everything after
    this desert life
    somewhere under wonderland
    saturday nights and sunday mornings

19. Craig Manning

I put Wonderland about SN&SM for a long time, but I've re-evaluated the latter a bit as of late. There are a few duds, and it gets a little bogged down by the concept, but so many of the songs are great.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  20. duritzfan13

all we have is time

IMO Hard Candy is without a doubt Adam's best album vocally

unbornwhiskey and Turkeylegz like this.
  21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

The high notes on Miami are insane

22. abw123

Trusted

Here are my faves, chronologically:

A Murder of One
    Omaha
    Angels of The Silences
    Goodnight Elizabeth
    Have You Seen Me Lately?
    Mrs. Potter (all-time favorite)
    St. Robinson
    Hard Candy
    Richard Manuel is Dead
    Up All Night
    Holiday In Spain
    Come Around
    Palisades Park
    Earthquake Driver
    Possibility Days

23. abw123

Trusted

Glad to see Holiday In Spain on so many lists. That song is a goddamn masterpiece.

24. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

great list^^

25. duritzfan13

all we have is time

often forgotten jam from the hard candy era

Turkeylegz likes this.