Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Counting Crows Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by crunchprank, Apr 11, 2016.

1. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I definitely think Somwhwere Under Wonderland, although I depending on the day I could probably talk myself into Recovering the Satellites or Hard Candy.

2. JimmyIymmiJ

Also, the 1-2 punch of Palisades Park and Rain King in the encore tonight was fantastic. Totally got lost in the music somewhere in there unlike I've felt in a long time. Pretty sure they did the same encore when I saw them last year, and it's still awesome.

crunchprank and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  3. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Here! 3 months late to this thread! haha

4. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

About time! :-) I just always chuckled when I saw news post on AP for CC - about every time said "submitted by duritzfan"

5. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Glad to hear you had a good time! Really jealous too since I'm not catching them this year. I've said it before, but imo the best live band ever. The formula for performing live they've created is like no other band I know of.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  6. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Just heard "Sessions" and "Sunday Morning L.A." for the first time and now I kinda wish they had officially made it onto SN&SM. The production on the latter is particularly interesting.

Craig Manning likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. JimmyIymmiJ

Looks like they've been posting those for most shows, and I think that's awesome.

9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Hard Candy. Not even a contest

10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

cshadows2887 likes this.
  11. duritzfan13

all we have is time

KidLightning and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  12. TedSchmosby

Trusted

duritzfan13 likes this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Round Here is one of 3 songs to ever make me cry. Absolutely beautiful

14. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

It's my favorite song ever and on my favorite album ever bless u

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  15. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i was doing that thing where i just scroll through my iTunes because I'm bored and the crows popped up and I hit play on August and im just a ball of emotion.

and in between the moon and you, the angels get a better view of the crumbling difference between wrong and right.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  16. Craig Manning

Definitely one of the all-time greats.

17. Craig Manning

Both August and Everything After and Recovering the Satellites are getting vinyl represses in March.

New Pressings: Counting Crows

Pretty great news to wake up to. Been waiting for these for awhile. August isn't too hard to find, but the list price is like $60 which is a little steep. Satellites is impossible to find.

18. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Agree with comments that Round Here could possibly be the best song of all time

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  19. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I don't have either so I'll probably buy both but man, $35 for each is still pretty steep.

20. Craig Manning

I'm waiting to see if they go for a bit cheaper on Amazon. It's not an SRC exclusive, so there's not really any reason to order through them as far as I can tell.

21. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I have RTS and TDL but actually still need AAEA so this is great news.

Wish they'd press Hard Candy and SNSM to complete the collection..

22. Craig Manning

I'm hoping they'll follow this up with presses up This Desert Life and Hard Candy. The latter is pretty near the top of my "albums I want pressed" list.

23. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Did you do a write-up for Hard Candy back on Absolutepunk? I know you did one for August, and I think I remember reading your thoughts on Hard Candy and really loving what you had to say, but I'm honestly not sure if I'm confusing memories

24. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

"Round Here" is one of the greatest songs ever AND YET not even the best on its own album ("Anna Begins")

25. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Discovering that Round Here came from an album where all the other songs were of a similar quality was the greatest discovery I've ever made AND I've lived a life where I discovered peanut butter tastes really good on a burger

KidLightning and cshadows2887 like this.