Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Counting Crows Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by crunchprank, Apr 11, 2016.

1. thehaveshavethot

Regular

Craig Manning likes this.
  2. abw123

Trusted

Yessssss

Suite One?

Is this a 2 part deal ?

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

That’s a bad album title/cover. But I’m game for new Crows!

4. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Agree that the title is bad but i kinda like the art? has a very retro surrealist feel that i think fits them. They love to put things on people's heads for their covers for some reason.

Also, that "suite one" designation is very intriguing.

5. thehaveshavethot

Regular

No kidding. Definitely not getting it on vinyl or anything, but I'm always hyped for anything new from them!

6. thehaveshavethot

Regular

Looks like it may be an EP given the title as well as the fact that the vinyl is apparently a 12".

7. Slangster

Adam said before that it's four songs that flow into one another.

thehaveshavethot likes this.
  8. abw123

Trusted

Only 4 songs, that is a little disappointing.

9. Craig Manning

It definitely has a This Desert Life vibe. (Speaking of which: fucking repress Desert Life and Hard Candy for god's sake!)

That site does say "album," so I'd be surprised if it's just a four-song EP.

10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Let’s go!

11. Craig Manning

I like the song, disappointed to hear that this is in fact just a four-song EP. Cool that the vinyl includes "August & Everything After" on the b-side, though.

12. Craig Manning

I'll be honest: been kind of tough being a fan of this band over the past 18-ish years with how sparse their output has been. Wish they made more music.

13. Slangster

Song's great. Also, pertinent information from this Rolling Stone piece:

"The song suite will eventually be the first half of a full Counting Crows album, with another suite filling the second half. 'I’m writing the second one now,' Duritz says."

14. Craig Manning

Hopefully he's in a faster writing mode right now than he's been in since 2008...

MrAirplane likes this.
  15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

“song suite” :sickface::puke:

16. abw123

Trusted

Counting Crows and 3EB are two great bands from that era who have put out a LOT less music than one would have hoped in the last 20 years.

JimmyIymmiJ, Damien and Craig Manning like this.
  17. Craig Manning

Wallflowers too. It’s been a weird run from a lot of those types of bands.

18. abw123

Trusted

I just found an old (and unknown to me) Wallflowers B-Side called "Just One Breath Away" on Itunes and it's terrific. Happy day.

Rebel, Sweetheart era was underrated.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

20. Slangster

This is pretty great! Love Angel of 14th Street especially. Last minute or so could be straight from Recovering the Satellites.

Craig Manning and TedSchmosby like this.
  21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

That’s my favourite too! So nice to hear Adam’s voice like that again, singing those big melodies. The whole album is great, it’ll be really rewarding to dig into :)

22. Craig Manning

Always good to have a reminder what absurdly talented musicians they have in this band.

23. abw123

Trusted

Sounds like they are about to announce a tour. Wonder who with? Kinda thinking Wallflowers would make sense

24. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Cities and dates are already on their website, but no mention of anyone else.

25. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Also, am I the only one who was expecting the songs to actually flow directly into each other as opposed to how it is where you get an ending, silence, and then beginning of the next song? It’s not really a complaint because I enjoy it quite a bit, but that aspect seemed to be built up in an odd manner for how it was delivered.

Matthewconte likes this.