Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Counterparts Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by danielalee12, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Drown is such a great song that no one ever talks about.

solxace likes this.
  2. They're off until April, working on LP6. Hype.

solxace and currytheword like this.
  3. currytheword

Trusted

Hoping for a bit more diversity on this upcoming album. The last track on their more recent EP was the best song they've written with this current line-up imo, so i'm looking forward to it. Glad also that Brendan hasn't hung it up cause he's only gotten better with time.

4. danielalee12

Regular

so much saints never surrender vibes on "We forgive". loved that one and wished they played that one on private room tour

currytheword likes this.
  5. currytheword

Trusted

YES, and a band I've recently been revisiting. My close friend made the exact same comparison and it's spot on.

6. I missed this. Brendan explaining what Thieves is about.

7. danielalee12

Regular

just looked up the lyrics on genius and saw you annotating it in real time lol

ryanfears likes this.
  8. Might as well change my username to counterpartsfanboy905.

currytheword and Theemoflamingo like this.
  9. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Always wondered if thats what it was about. Kind of thought it had something to do with their old drummer who (I think) was kicked out of the band for some kind of assault.

10. I think it is at least inspired by Kelly because I saw a clip from another show where he says something about member changes while introducing the song.

11. currytheword

Trusted

Funny story about Kelly.

I had been following him for quite some time on Instagram, (since he had joined the band I believe) and this past fall he had posted a photo with Jesse Doreen on his page with some teaser caption. I commented saying “chain yankers” which, in my belief and opinion, isn’t insulting. Pretty much just stating the obvious cause Jesse clearly doesn’t have an interest currently in this genre.

He apparently was VERY offended by this. Proceeded to go and look at my page, condescendingly and sarcastically wrote back to me hurling insults about my tattoos and how cool I apparently think I am. Like, it was honestly the most high school thing that’s happened to me since actually being in high school. I wrote back to him dying laughing and asking why he was even mad in the first place and told him to relax a bit. He responded with something along the lines of “I’m kidding too. Go fuck yourself.” So I wished him good luck with his domestic dispute case and restraining order.

He then proceeded to delete all the comments and blocked me from his account.

azzy01, y2jayjk and ryanfears like this.
  12. Looks like LP6 is underway

thenewmatthewperry and K0ta like this.
  13. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Nice, I've been listening to a lot of Counterparts lately too. Perfect timing.

ryanfears and Nate_Johnson like this.
  14. K0ta

15. New record is called "Nothing Left to Love" according to their IG story.

y2jayjk, solxace and K0ta like this.
  16. danielalee12

Regular

LFG. hope they're playing some new ones on the tour and also hope they release a single soon

solxace likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

nice nice nice

solxace likes this.
  18. I've heard before the end of the month. Record is supposed to drop in October.

currytheword and solxace like this.
  19. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

so upset that tour isnt coming to MN. I even could have left before STYG for the first time ever.

20. They played the title track from the new record last night.

currytheword, solxace and K0ta like this.
  21. K0ta

Any video?

22. Nope, just from Setlist.fm. I'd imagine it's coming out before the end of the month though, no?

solxace and K0ta like this.
  23. danielalee12

Regular

I am so curious of what they're gonna sound like in this new album.

currytheword likes this.
  24. danielalee12

Regular

solxace and y2jayjk like this.
  25. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

currytheword, y2jayjk and solxace like this.