Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Counterparts Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by danielalee12, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Studio version of "Thieves" floating around on everyone's favorite leak site.

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

???

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Is it as good as Music for Cars

angel paste, cwhit, FTank and 2 others like this.
  4. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

5. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Havent really been in to any of the 3 released so far. I mean, theyre cool for what they are but there is definitely something missing.

6. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I just think it's a different style than Jesse's. Kyle is a much more aggressive drummer and there isn't such a focus on the melodic aspect. I haven't been blown away by the songs either, but I still like them a lot and am happy with a different take.

ryanfears likes this.
  7. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

every time i see this thread i check for this kind of content

8. I disagree on the part of the melody, I mean there's even singing in Bouquet. Brendan has said in interviews they basically wanted to write some straight up bangers and so far they've delivered.

9. Horrorca

Trusted

new songs fucking rip, that's for sure

ryanfears likes this.
  10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

They have that spoken word part and about 15 seconds of that bridge that leads back into the chorus, but that's really the only aspect of the new songs that resembled Jesse's writing to me. Again though I don't think it's a bad thing, the energy is there and it sounds like a full swing from the band as a whole as opposed to how much Jesse's leads used to stand out.

11. StormAndTheSun Aug 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 5, 2017)
    StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Its not just the melody thats missing for me though. The band used to have more of a hardcore edge. I heard an interview with Blake where he said his favourite band was Killswitch Engage and I think that influence shows in these new songs. Not to mention Brendan's lyrics being a bit lacking so far, but hopefully the rest is a bit different.

solxace likes this.
  12. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Swim Beneath My Skin is available on Apple Music. My favorite track so far.

solxace likes this.
  13. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Love all 4 songs out but I think No Servant is my jam. It's groovy man (wiger peace signs)

14. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

carrytheweight likes this.
  15. danielalee12

Regular

....and here we go!

solxace likes this.
  16. danielalee12

Regular

it is like a "greatest hits" album. Touches parts of all of their records. On my first listen, I was thinking combination of the john locke/to the grave split + difference.

solxace likes this.
  17. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I love this band. This might be their best. Brendan is great.

18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

You've heard the whole thing?

19. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Mmmm wondering if I wait the week or not.

21. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I rarely bother with leaks these days and I'm still listening to the End(Brendan's other band) a lot, so I think I'll wait

carrytheweight likes this.
  22. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

End is really good, been a very long time since I felt a band with tenacity in all sections like that. Since early Trap Them I feel.

23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Just heard Haunt Me for the first time. My least favorite so far.

24. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah Haunt Me is a weak song but it's saved by the drumming for me to not worry about skipping it when I'm listening.